Does Hyatt Place 17th St. honor the Value Trips price if you call?

firstimer2

Did you ask them for their best rate for the night you need? :o

Chances are they will not offer that discounted group rate. I'd book the Valu rate before cancelling the hotel res.

Edited by eandj

Did you ask them for their best rate for the night you need? :o

Chances are they will not offer that discounted group rate. I'd book the Valu rate before cancelling the hotel res.

Thank you... I will call and keep my existing resv. Just wondering if anyone else has had success.

There have often been posters here saying that they get the rooms for less on Valuetrips. So I'd assume that they comparison shopped. Now if they actually asked reservations to honor a lower rate from a discount broker..not sure of that. Just make the call. Depending on the date, sometimes Value can't get the rooms. That's why I'd make sure you had the confirmation number from them before cancelling. Have fun!

• 1 month later...
Is this a bidding site like Priceline? Are you able to pick a particular hotel before paying?

Hi, nope, it is not a bidding site at all. They have the amount they

charge on their website. It varies from season to season. Winter time

(for example) is going to be higher than summer.....being winter is

high season in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

Hyatt has a policy of meeting any price in their own hotels that someone else advertises. You can call the toll free number on Hyatt.com and tell them you are requesting their best rate guarantee. It does need to be a room only, not combined with a car or anything like that. Their guy on the phone needs to be able to go to the website and book it while you are on the phone with him.

Hyatt has a policy of meeting any price in their own hotels that someone else advertises. You can call the toll free number on Hyatt.com and tell them you are requesting their best rate guarantee. It does need to be a room only, not combined with a car or anything like that. Their guy on the phone needs to be able to go to the website and book it while you are on the phone with him.

Thanks for this! I had booked through booking.com and the value trips price was $50.00 less. I called booking.com, and they put a note in my file, and sent me a confirming email, that I am eligible for the lesser fare, although I do have to pay what I am booked at. When I get home I need to send them the receipt and they will reimburse me the difference.

I was going to go directly to the Hyatt site, but booking.com is non-refundable, so I thought best to go directly to them, they have a lowest price guarantee also...

Thanks so much!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So where did you book? Info could be helpful to others.;)

We booked using the Value trips site. You just need to check your junk mail as that is likely where the confirmation will go. I tend to check trivago's site and then I check the hotel website as well as the gnome's site!

snow bunny