Upsell Fairy Experience

Bristol5

Have booked online directly with CCL ...have been contacted on two different cruises. We were called the first time, and declined. The second time they emailed us, and we eventually accepted, but not without some back and forth on the upsell price..

I always book either " on line " myself or occasionally over the phone. Have been callled three times with an upsell offer.

Thanks, that helps. Getting ready to book an interior with hopes of moving up. Was thinking of looking for TA perks, but I am really more interested in price drops and upsell opportunities. Last booking was with a TA and I hated having to go through her for our price drops.

Does she visit those who book with a TA equally with those who book directly with Carnival? If you have had an offer from her please tell me how you were booked.:confused:

I typically book direct with PVP. I have been called several times. Most recent upsell offer call was about a week ago, which was about a month out from sail date.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks, that helps. Getting ready to book an interior with hopes of moving up. Was thinking of looking for TA perks, but I am really more interested in price drops and upsell opportunities. Last booking was with a TA and I hated having to go through her for our price drops.

You have to keep going to the website and doing "bogus bookings" to catch the price drops and then submit the form to CCL. I've done a screenshot of the "bogus booking" and saved it as a .jpg to attach to the email as backup to the request. Hard for them to argue when it's right there in front of them.

Upsells, as I understand it are based on their having open cabins in the higher price range or cabin level that they want to get filled, and will contact currently booked cruisers first as an "incentive". I've haggled with them over the upsell offer - sometimes they'll work with you, sometimes they won't, and then it'll be up to you as to whether you want to pay the additional. (Consider the length of the cruise versus the cost of the upsell....)

I have no luck, either! Our 10th Carnival cruise is booked for November and we've never been called. I've never won at bingo, either. Hmmm . . . but I keep playing and keep hoping for the upsell call or email. Fingers crossed!

Boy, I guess you guys are all lucky. Been on 17 cruises with Carnival, booked by me or by phone and never once did receive a call from the upsell fairy. I would call it a upsell monster.

O.K. I am going with booking directly with Carnival. Although not everyone has been called for an upsell or upgrade that has booked directly, no one that has used a TA has posted here that they received an upsell call, therefore, I must conclude that the odds rest with Carnival direct bookings.;)

Have never had an 'upsell' call from the 'Fairy', so he/she must not like us..:rolleyes: Used a PVP for the first 4 with CCL, and a TA since, and haven't heard a peep! :(

Only upgrade I got was from an extended balcony to a suite for $50.00 pp, but I found that while searching the 'leftover cabins' on our sailing!;)

I truthfully don't think the 'Fairy' exists... :eek::)

You have to keep going to the website and doing "bogus bookings" to catch the price drops and then submit the form to CCL. I've done a screenshot of the "bogus booking" and saved it as a .jpg to attach to the email as backup to the request. Hard for them to argue when it's right there in front of them.

Upsells, as I understand it are based on their having open cabins in the higher price range or cabin level that they want to get filled, and will contact currently booked cruisers first as an "incentive". I've haggled with them over the upsell offer - sometimes they'll work with you, sometimes they won't, and then it'll be up to you as to whether you want to pay the additional. (Consider the length of the cruise versus the cost of the upsell....)

Thats a good idea on the screen shot. Our cruise went down in price and it took us 3 times to get someone to find the same price we did.

I have booked two cruises myself, the first one was an inside room on riveria deck, no upsell call. The second time, we booked a midship deck 7 balcony right next to the suites. We got a call to upgrade. I think calls are based on the desirability of your cabin. If they can re-sell your cabin easily it is more likely you will get a call. Both of these were booked directly through Carnival. We were offered an Ocean Suite, but we opted for the 'smaller' but better balcony of the aft-wrap-around!

Archived