Any help appreciated

DJSchib

We will be going to the ports of San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarten sailing on the Celebrity Reflection

Old town San Juan is very walkable. Unless there is really something special you want to do, just get off the ship and wander.

IMHO skip the shopping in St Thomas. Not what it used to be. A shore excursion to St. John is nice. You can even rent a car and drive around the island on your own.

I think shopping on St. Martin is better than St. Thomas so if you really want to shop, I'd suggest doing it there. Keep in mind when booking a shore excursion that traffic can be terrible. If you must do a shore excursion there, I would definitely do it with the ship because of the traffic situation.

I too am cruising for the first time in February with Celebrity. And was looking for answers to those exact questions! Thank you!! I know you are not allowed to bring an iron on board so I was worried about wrinkles. I'll keep the folding tips in mind as well as the steamy washroom. My other question was when they say no irons, does that include a hair straightener?? Does anyone know?

We will be cruising on Celebrity Solstice, Sydney to New Zealand next month. After reading they don't have irons for passengers to use (everything has to be sent to their laundry for cleaning, pressing, dry cleaning) I freaked a bit because I am a little particular about clothes being ironed and no wrinkles. So, after reading through Cruise Critic I also Googled and came up with a lot of info, e.g. packing for Dummies - you get my drift. Actually, one site described how they accidentally came across this process when one day they had to pack in a great hurry. threw their clothes into their suitcase (they were still in the dry cleaners plastic bag) and when they unpacked there was not one wrinkle.

Well, the secret I came away with is "plastic dry cleaner bags". I estimate I will probably need about 40 of these so trotted off to our local dry cleaner and they charged $1 each plastic bag! Now, that is a bit steep for a flimsy plastic bag so once again went online and had shipped from China (who would have thought that) a pack of 50 plastic bags for $15 landed in Australia. So, my plan is to iron everything (t-shirts, shorts, pants, tops, shirts etc.) and place them into their own plastic bag ready for packing. I sure hope this works because I am going to have a very hefty ironing bill when I get on the ship if it doesn't work !!!

Archived