Onboard Expense Account (SeaPass)

We will be sailing soon and have decided to use cash instead of using our credit card as a way to keep our spending to a minimum. Will Royal Caribbean allow me to set up a cash account prior to checking in? We figured that if we set up the account prior to sailing we will not have to wait to use our SeaPass once we board.

We will be sailing soon and have decided to use cash instead of using our credit card as a way to keep our spending to a minimum. Will Royal Caribbean allow me to set up a cash account prior to checking in? We figured that if we set up the account prior to sailing we will not have to wait to use our SeaPass once we board.

You can set up a cash account during your online check-in process. Royal will allow you to charge up to $500 on typical 7 day cruise before they ask you to pay down the balance. Any outstanding balance has to be paid on the last night of the cruise.

I alwasy buy On Board Credit, prior to sailing, then secure the account with a credit card, towards the end of the cruise if I have a sizeable unspent amount I take that out in case, from GS, leaving enough of a balance for my expected purchases. At the end of the cruise, whatever balance is left, be it a credit or debit, is either charged to my credit card or credited to my credit card, no lining up at GS on the last night or morning when the lines are long

I always set mine up as a cash account on my online check in. Like someone else said they will let you charge up to $500 before making you pay it down. What I do is I go to guest services late the first evening or when there is a short line sometime the next day and plop down what I think I will use, usually about $400. then later in the cruise if I need to add more I can, but on an evening a day or two before the end of the cruise I usually get it settled with what will be expected to be used the last days and then give them my card so I do not have to get in a long line on the last sea day. Very little is put on my card if any, and no holds (I use a debit card for everything).

Archived