Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

[quote name='shrimp56']Thank you so much for your report. You will get the packing down I'm sure:) We live near Chicago and, even though United is our "home" airline, we won't fly them unless absolutely necessary.

Their lobster roll was well-prepared, there just wasn't enough of it and the empty space at the end of the roll was stuffed with greens. Best lobster roll we had on our Veendam NE/Canada cruise last June was in Bar Harbor at West Side Cafe. Totally scrumptious and the roll was stuffed.

We loved the Eurodam on our Norway cruise in August. Glad she is suiting you, except the "teeny" balcony cabin ;) We too loved Tamarind and can't wait to eat at the one on the Nieuw Amsterdam next June on the Med. Tapestry cruise.[/QUOTE]
I'm planning a lobster roll in bahhhhh habour. I hope it will change my mind.

[quote name='Irish Eyes Are Sailing']Hope you have a great time meeting up with Sapper1 and Kazu.....sounds like fun! Hope your weather improves also.[/QUOTE]

Thx.

Just wanted to mention the wine service was dismal tonight. I got shuttled up to the traditional dining. I was not impressed going up those stairs in a long dress and high heels. I let the white coat know the service was not good even after I told her I didn't want to see the bottom of my glass. I said to him "I bet your sorry you came over here now".

[quote name='sapper1']I finally got an answer from the City Market. I phoned one of the stores and asked that since there would be two ships in would they open on Sunday. The answer was yes. From nine to four.[/QUOTE]

Glad the market is open if it's going to rain
. Today was busy. It was almost like a work day.

[quote name='pinnaclegirl']Hi Lorene
Sounds like you having a good time, every time you mention the Tamarind our mouths water. Anything new on the menu? Our best to you all tomorrow in St. John. Our best, d and e[/QUOTE]

Nothing new but still yummy

We are parked on the hill just above the cruise terminal about 200 feet from it and are watching the Eurodam make her way through the channel.
Right on time. A little early maybe.
Spotty rain but I brought a spare umbrella for Lorene. Our tours go rain or shine too :)

[quote name='lorekauf']Thx.

Just wanted to mention the wine service was dismal tonight. I got shuttled up to the traditional dining. I was not impressed going up those stairs in a long dress and high heels. I let the white coat know the service was not good even after I told her I didn't want to see the bottom of my glass. I said to him "I bet your sorry you came over here now".[/quote]

Looks like it is hit or miss with the wine service. That is a shame, they really need to step up their game! Hope you have more good than bad in that department......
I wouldn't want to trudge up the stairs in high heels and a gown either. I am lucky if I can navigate stairs in sneakers some days! ha!;)

[quote name='sapper1']We are parked on the hill just above the cruise terminal about 200 feet from it and are watching the Eurodam make her way through the channel.
Spotty rain but I brought a spare umbrella for Lorene. Our tours go rain or shine too :)[/QUOTE]

What a difference in the weather today!! Bummer! It was supposed to be nice. Hoping it will clear up so Lorene can enjoy her visit. It's quite cool without the sun even out here:(

See you soon Lorene and sapper:)

[quote name='sapper1']We are parked on the hill just above the cruise terminal about 200 feet from it and are watching the Eurodam make her way through the channel.
Spotty rain but I brought a spare umbrella for Lorene. Our tours go rain or shine too :)[/quote]

Hope the weather clears up for you. I'm sure you'll all enjoy the visit regardless.

Just back from a great lunch with sapper and Lorene. We took our DH's of course (someone has to pay:p). What a pleasure it was to meet Lorene.

I'll let her report but I will say that she had a lobster brioche and enjoyed it:D

sappper is doing a great job of showing her the sights. They were off to Reversing Falls next to see it at high tide. And now the sun is coming out so that should make the tour easier:D

I have met so many wonderful folks through Cruise Critic. I consider myself to be a very lucky person:D

[quote name='kazu']Just back from a great lunch with sapper and Lorene. We took our DH's of course (someone has to pay:p). What a pleasure it was to meet Lorene.

I'll let her report but I will say that she had a lobster brioche and enjoyed it:D

sappper is doing a great job of showing her the sights. They were off to Reversing Falls next to see it at high tide. And now the sun is coming out so that should make the tour easier:D

I have met so many wonderful folks through Cruise Critic. I consider myself to be a very lucky person:D[/QUOTE]

It was a wonderful day and my lunch was just yummy. I really enjoyed meeting Kazu and her wonderful DH, thank you Sapper and Kazu for lunch.

I found that Saint John was just beautiful. It reminds me of being in the mountains outside of Calgary. They have a beautiful farmers market and Sapper made me eat seaweed:D:p. I really enjoyed it. It's been a great day.

[quote name='kazu']Just back from a great lunch with sapper and Lorene. We took our DH's of course (someone has to pay:p). What a pleasure it was to meet Lorene.

I have met so many wonderful folks through Cruise Critic. I consider myself to be a very lucky person:D[/quote]

[quote name='lorekauf']It was a wonderful day and my lunch was just yummy. I really enjoyed meeting Kazu and her wonderful DH, thank you Sapper and Kazu for lunch.

I found that Saint John was just beautiful. It reminds me of being in the mountains outside of Calgary. They have a beautiful farmers market and Sapper made me eat seaweed:D:p. I really enjoyed it. It's been a great day.[/quote]

It must be really neat to meet up with folks that you meet here on Cruise Critic......so glad the day went well for all. I am sorry no ships land here in Charlotte (land locked!) so I will never have that special opportunity like all three of you had today.......!

[quote name='rkacruiser']Enjoying your reports!

Re: no Bitterballen: Check the Terrace Grill. When I was aboard Eurodam in August/September, Bitterballen was available there, being made to order.[/quote]

I have heard this discussed quite a bit.......just what is Bitterballen??:confused:
(please excuse my ignorance)

[quote name='Irish Eyes Are Sailing']I have heard this discussed quite a bit.......just what is Bitterballen??:confused:
(please excuse my ignorance)[/quote]

I know that I will be corrected if I am wrong. But, I think they are made of finely chopped veal mixed with some type of spice(s)--mild--made into a small ball and coated with some type of thin better and deep fried. They are delicious; often served with a mustard-based sauce. They are sometimes served during Happy Hour time in the lounges.

On the Eurodam's Baltic cruise, the Terrace Grill offered many types of foods, including Bitterballen, that I had never heard of. I think this was due to the number of Dutch guests that were aboard. On the Viking Passage, I saw a sign at the Grill that Bitterballen was available, but did not see the "menu" for the other "treats".

[quote name='Irish Eyes Are Sailing']It must be really neat to meet up with folks that you meet here on Cruise Critic......so glad the day went well for all. I am sorry no ships land here in Charlotte (land locked!) so I will never have that special opportunity like all three of you had today.......![/QUOTE]

I love it. I have found some wonderful friends from cc. It's been great for me.

I had a really good dinner tonight, one of the best so far. I had tuna as my main and it was yummy. I'm going to tamarind tomorrow.

I've got a really bad attitude about immigration tomorrow. It's a closely held secret as to when it will begin. I seem to be staying up late on the cruise so I intend to get in my Jammie's early. We gain an hour tonight:D. I've heard immigration will start either at 6 or 7 am. I'm sure Hal will mess it up as much as possible. I hope they prove me wrong.

Archived