Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

[quote name='rkacruiser']I know that I will be corrected if I am wrong. But, I think they are made of finely chopped veal mixed with some type of spice(s)--mild--made into a small ball and coated with some type of thin better and deep fried. They are delicious; often served with a mustard-based sauce. They are sometimes served during Happy Hour time in the lounges.

On the Eurodam's Baltic cruise, the Terrace Grill offered many types of foods, including Bitterballen, that I had never heard of. I think this was due to the number of Dutch guests that were aboard. On the Viking Passage, I saw a sign at the Grill that Bitterballen was available, but did not see the "menu" for the other "treats".[/QUOTE]

You've described it well but it is delish. It doesn't sound like much but oh baby is it good!

[quote name='rkacruiser']I know that I will be corrected if I am wrong. But, I think they are made of finely chopped veal mixed with some type of spice(s)--mild--made into a small ball and coated with some type of thin better and deep fried. They are delicious; often served with a mustard-based sauce. They are sometimes served during Happy Hour time in the lounges.

On the Eurodam's Baltic cruise, the Terrace Grill offered many types of foods, including Bitterballen, that I had never heard of. I think this was due to the number of Dutch guests that were aboard. On the Viking Passage, I saw a sign at the Grill that Bitterballen was available, but did not see the "menu" for the other "treats".[/quote]

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them on our cruise....would love to try them!

[quote name='lorekauf']I love it. I have found some wonderful friends from cc. It's been great for me.

I had a really good dinner tonight, one of the best so far. I had tuna as my main and it was yummy. I'm going to tamarind tomorrow.

I've got a really bad attitude about immigration tomorrow. It's a closely held secret as to when it will begin. I seem to be staying up late on the cruise so I intend to get in my Jammie's early. We gain an hour tonight:D. I've heard immigration will start either at 6 or 7 am. I'm sure Hal will mess it up as much as possible. I hope they prove me wrong.[/quote]

You have probably been staying up later due to the time zone difference. It takes me forever to get used to that, especially if it is a big difference like the time we went to Alaska. I felt myself falling asleep at 7-8PM because my brain thought it was 11-12Midnight. Anytime we travel out to the west or west coast it just messes me up! You are probably experiencing the direct opposite, that is why you have been up later than usual.........hopefully you will get adjusted somewhat in the next day or so.

[quote name='lorekauf']It was a wonderful day and my lunch was just yummy. I really enjoyed meeting Kazu and her wonderful DH, thank you Sapper and Kazu for lunch.

I found that Saint John was just beautiful. It reminds me of being in the mountains outside of Calgary. They have a beautiful farmers market and Sapper made me eat seaweed:D:p. I really enjoyed it. It's been a great day.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Glad you had a wonderful lunch and sight seeing with Kazu and sapper1.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']I love it. I have found some wonderful friends from cc. It's been great for me.

I had a really good dinner tonight, one of the best so far. I had tuna as my main and it was yummy. I'm going to tamarind tomorrow.

I've got a really bad attitude about immigration tomorrow. It's a closely held secret as to when it will begin. I seem to be staying up late on the cruise so I intend to get in my Jammie's early. We gain an hour tonight:D. I've heard immigration will start either at 6 or 7 am. I'm sure Hal will mess it up as much as possible. I hope they prove me wrong.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Prayers that immigration will go well for you today.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Immigration did go well today although it seemed to start late. Woke up at 4 am. Grrrrrrrrr. It started around 8 am and I was one of the first peeps to go thru. I even went to the gym to do the eliptical for 20 minutes. I went ashore and did the Ollie's tour for an hour to Acadia park. Now having lunch at side street cafe. It's good but pricey.

Aliaschief says hi.

[quote name='lorekauf']Immigration did go well today although it seemed to start late. Woke up at 4 am. Grrrrrrrrr. It started around 8 am and I was one of the first peeps to go thru. I even went to the gym to do the eliptical for 20 minutes. I went ashore and did the Ollie's tour for an hour to Acadia park. Now having lunch at side street cafe. It's good but pricey.

Aliaschief says hi.[/QUOTE]

You sound like you have more energy than I do today. I didn't realize we walked so much. It was fun being a tourist in my own city. To think after all these years I discovered there was a walkway under the Reversing Falls Bridge!! Ken has been here all his life and had never discovered it.
It was also great to see you again. BTW if anyone asks, that seaweed I fed you is called dulse. :)

[quote name='sapper1']You sound like you have more energy than I do today. I didn't realize we walked so much. It was fun being a tourist in my own city. To think after all these years I discovered there was a walkway under the Reversing Falls Bridge!! Ken has been here all his life and had never discovered it.
It was also great to see you again. BTW if anyone asks, that seaweed I fed you is called dulse. :)[/QUOTE]

I couldn't remember the name of the dulse so thx.

Sometimes I'm surprised at my energy.

[quote name='lorekauf']Immigration did go well today although it seemed to start late. Woke up at 4 am. Grrrrrrrrr. It started around 8 am and I was one of the first peeps to go thru. I even went to the gym to do the eliptical for 20 minutes. I went ashore and did the Ollie's tour for an hour to Acadia park. Now having lunch at side street cafe. It's good but pricey.

Aliaschief says hi.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Glad immigration went well and you got to do Oli's Trolley and see Acadia Park.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']Forgot to mention I learned a good cooking tip from someone that was behind me on the tender from Louisiana. You should never bar-b-que squirrel because makes it tough. Who knew?[/quote]

Was it one of the Robertsons from Duck Dynasty? Ha Ha :D
On that TV show Miss Kay always says she loves fried squirrel.....ewwwww!!!:eek:

Personally, I think squirrels are just too cute to be dinner under any circumstances..........:)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Glad Immigration went well for you. Welcome to the United States. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]How long was the Ollie's tour? There's a couple of tours, of different lengths. I took the longer one I June, and did enjoy it. Hope the weather in the park was good; it's cool today, but pretty, in southern New England. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Irish Eyes Are Sailing']Was it one of the Robertsons from Duck Dynasty? Ha Ha :D
On that TV show Miss Kay always says she loves fried squirrel.....ewwwww!!!:eek:

Personally, I think squirrels are just too cute to be dinner under any circumstances..........:)[/quote]
Around here we fry squirrels on the hydro transformer in the back yard. It's very effective but you have to be prepared to go without power for a few hours until the hydro truck shows up to restore it. :D:D

[quote name='sapper1']Around here we fry squirrels on the hydro transformer in the back yard. It's very effective but you have to be prepared to go without power for a few hours until the hydro truck shows up to restore it. :D:D[/quote]

Oh those poor squirrels!!!!!!:(:(
I even hate to see them on the roadways whenever they get run over, I am too much of an animal lover! Makes me sad......

[quote name='Irish Eyes Are Sailing']Was it one of the Robertsons from Duck Dynasty? Ha Ha :D

Personally, I think squirrels are just too cute to be dinner under any circumstances..........:)[/quote]

Oh dear, you wouldn't like me, then - to me, squirrels are rats with bushy tails. They do so much damage - even chewing through the siding on my house, and electrical wiring - I'm quite happy when they get fried!

[quote name='startwin']Oh dear, you wouldn't like me, then - to me, squirrels are rats with bushy tails. They do so much damage - even chewing through the siding on my house, and electrical wiring - I'm quite happy when they get fried![/QUOTE]

Here it's only the grey squirrels that are trouble. We live trap them on a regular basis and take them elsewhere. The rest are just fine:)

[quote name='startwin']Oh dear, you wouldn't like me, then - to me, squirrels are rats with bushy tails. They do so much damage - even chewing through the siding on my house, and electrical wiring - I'm quite happy when they get fried![/quote]

Yes I do like you!!:) I realize not everyone loves squirrels and I know they can do a lot of damage in some areas.......

[quote name='kazu']Here it's only the grey squirrels that are trouble. We live trap them on a regular basis and take them elsewhere. The rest are just fine:)[/quote]

[B]Yes!![/B] "Catch and Release"........that's the ticket. The homeowner is happy because he has no squirrels, and the squirrel is happy that he is alive and somewhere else!!:D

Personally, I think squirrels are just too cute to be dinner under any circumstances..........:)[/QUOTE]

Fried squirrel. My mouth is watering:D. I think they are cute too.

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Glad Immigration went well for you. Welcome to the United States. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]How long was the Ollie's tour? There's a couple of tours, of different lengths. I took the longer one I June, and did enjoy it. Hope the weather in the park was good; it's cool today, but pretty, in southern New England. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I just took the hour one because the 2.5 hour was booked for 10 am. The hour was good because I'm ok for about a half hour then I need something shiny.

[quote name='lorekauf']Does anyone know if there is free wifi at the Boston pier terminal? It's going to be a while until I can go shopping:rolleyes:. I'm getting the shakes. I didn't buy anything today.[/quote]

Don't know about wifi, but wanted to commiserate (sp?) with the purchasing hiatus today ;)

[quote name='lorekauf']Does anyone know if there is free wifi at the Boston pier terminal? It's going to be a while until I can go shopping:rolleyes:. I'm getting the shakes. I didn't buy anything today.[/QUOTE]

There is, but miiiight not be exactly where you dock. You might need to walk down a bit toward the other entrance. As always, look for the crew gathering. :).

Hi from Boston

This was going to be my shopping day. I had decided to go to the Prudential mall. It was very nice. I should have stayed there but I wanted to go to macys. It wasn't the best idea. It's a little crazy in that area and I found the store to be very run down. I remember going to the one in San Francisco a few years ago. That store is amazing. I ended up buying 2 shirts at Prudential. I think I spent more in cab fare.

Something odd happened at the mall. I was standing at the directory looking at the stores. The directory is in the middle of the mall away from where people would be walking. One lady ploughed into me just about knocking me to the ground. It seemed intentional and I wondered if she was trying to steal my wallet or something. It's was very strange.

Getting a cab from the area proved difficult. Finally I was able to flag one down. I find people in Boston to be very similar to Calgarians. The cab driver was funny. He wanted to know if I smoke weed. He said you can buy it easily now and wondered if was as easy in Canada.

I was going to eat in town but I was worried I'd never get back to the pier so I crashed the Tamarind. I'm having trouble with my pre pays. I booked one for the 15th and one for the 21st. The one reservation morphed into 2 on the 15th. Four of us ate there that night so it added to the confusion. I got charged for my meal last night. I thought it was fixed but it hasn't been.

I had a pretty large obc when I got on the ship and my 7 bottles of wine and 500 minutes of Internet hasn't killed it yet. I'm going to lose it if I don't use it so I'm going to the spa for a pedicure on Thursday. I've had bad experiences and I really didn't want to ever return so let's see if they can redeem themselves. The guy at the front desk suggested that I should drink more. Is that possible ;)? I plan to do that tonight.

I think it would have been better to spend the day sight seeing rather than shopping. Live and learn.

There was supposed to be free wifi at the pier but no one could get it to work. That is a pet peeve of mine. Why say it works if it doesn't. The same thing in Sydney

Archived