guaranteed room

cabinboy1945

Good day cruisers, We have a cruise coming up next month on HAL and have everything in order but the cabin number. It's a guaranteed balcony cabin but no room number assigned to us until we check in the day of the cruise. What do I do with my luggage ( as I can't take it to check in) or what do I do about putting the room number on my tags....just our name? We've never had this situation before .

Good day cruisers, We have a cruise coming up next month on HAL and have everything in order but the cabin number. It's a guaranteed balcony cabin but no room number assigned to us until we check in the day of the cruise. What do I do with my luggage ( as I can't take it to check in) or what do I do about putting the room number on my tags....just our name? We've never had this situation before .

You should have a room assignment about 7 to 10 days before the cruise. Print your luggage tags after that. If you don't get a room assignment, don't worry, your name on the preprinted tag will be sufficient. Drop your luggage at the drop off point, they will find you.

If you don't get an assignment earlier, the porters at the terminal will have a manifest, and will write your cabin number on when they take your bags.

We've done nine guarantees and have never gotten an assignment later than 3 days out ... but others haven't until they reached the pier.

On one trip we did get our cabin number a few days ahead so printed the luggage tags assuming they were correct. When we got to the check in window we found that we had gotten another upgrade so the luggage was tagged incorrectly. All turned out okay when the crew checked the manifest and delivered to the correct cabin. :D Another time my large bag was delivered to the wrong cabin and the passenger delivered it to me. :D In that case it taught be to do the same courtesy if I receive the wrong bag. ;) My husband never settles down until all bags are accounted for. Me? I just go out on the verandah and have a glass of wine until it is time to worry!!

On one trip we did get our cabin number a few days ahead so printed the luggage tags assuming they were correct. When we got to the check in window we found that we had gotten another upgrade so the luggage was tagged incorrectly. All turned out okay when the crew checked the manifest and delivered to the correct cabin. :D Another time my large bag was delivered to the wrong cabin and the passenger delivered it to me. :D In that case it taught be to do the same courtesy if I receive the wrong bag. ;) My husband never settles down until all bags are accounted for. Me? I just go out on the verandah and have a glass of wine until it is time to worry!!

I am the worry-wart. A couple of times we have not gotten luggage until after the ship has left -- those were the only times he worried.

Thanks for the responces . I will check back in a couple of days a head of our cruise.

Check at least once a week. And sometimes your cabin number will show up on your luggage tags before you get an e-mail -- so check there as well.

We just cruised on the Ryndam last month and got our guarantee cabin assignment 10 days before the cruise. Our cabin number showed up on the luggage tags first and we got an email the next day.

Archived