Live From the Victory... Full Moon(s) cruise

Kokomo_Man

The great Victory full moon(s) adventure.

Hi All

After a long, bleak winter the full moon(s) cruise on the Victory is about to begin. OK… it wasn’t winter, and it wasn’t really bleak, ‘cause it was summer. But all these months without a cruise in the Caribbean make it seem like a long bleak winter.

I’ll be doing my running commentary on the cruise and as usual, I promise to bring you the good, bad, and the ugly of the cruise. As those of you that have read my cruise stuff before, it’s almost all good and rarely any ugly… ‘cept those old fat guys in Speedos.

This time I’m going to try to post a bunch of pics as I go. I haven’t been able to do that in the past because of the outrageous cost of internet time on board the ships. But this time I think I have figured out a way… we’ll see.

If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll answer those I can.

Stay tuned… tomorrow is Day 0(h):D

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

YEAH!!!! Love your live cruise reports and I am excited to hear that photos will be a part of it.

Hope you and the woman to blame have a great Day-O(H) and I am looking forward to joining you on your adventure.....I am in need of a cruise and living vicariously through others is helpful for some reason :rolleyes:

My family and I will be taking our first Carnival Cruise aboard the Victory in April of next year. Has she already gone under her upgrade? Or will what I see/experience in April next year be different than what you're about to?

Our only experience was without the kids on the Grandeur of the Seas (RCCL) about 3-4 years ago. Very anxious to hear your review.

The great Victory full moon(s) adventure.

Hi All

After a long, bleak winter the full moon(s) cruise on the Victory is about to begin. OK… it wasn’t winter, and it wasn’t really bleak, ‘cause it was summer. But all these months without a cruise in the Caribbean make it seem like a long bleak winter.

I’ll be doing my running commentary on the cruise and as usual, I promise to bring you the good, bad, and the ugly of the cruise. As those of you that have read my cruise stuff before, it’s almost all good and rarely any ugly… ‘cept those old fat guys in Speedos.

This time I’m going to try to post a bunch of pics as I go. I haven’t been able to do that in the past because of the outrageous cost of internet time on board the ships. But this time I think I have figured out a way… we’ll see.

If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll answer those I can.

Stay tuned… tomorrow is Day 0(h):D

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Looking forward to your posts. My GF is on the cruise with her DH.

Did you experience any delay in boarding due to the incident on the previous cruise?

I wrote this on the way to this cruise so I’ll share it with you now.

Hi All

It’s been over six months since I’ve been able to share great adventures in the Caribbean with you. I’ve had a great time on a few non cruise adventures and you can find that on my fb page… Kokomomantoo

Yeah… Yeah… I hear you… wash my mouth out with soap! “Non-cruise adventures… harrumph! Blasphemy! Well, yes it has been a good summer. I’ve nearly got my next book ready to go to the printer and I was off on adventures collecting information for another that Il go to work on when I get back.

But for now, I’ve have to get my cruise fix… the fever is raging. And, I’ve have to get out of the Frozen Tundra and to the warm Caribbean. (My friend Heidie and her husband Dave are scoffing right now because they really do live in the Frozen Tundra.) But for me when I left my home in the “High Desert” of California this morning it felt like Frozen Tundra. It was only a few days ago we had triple digit temperatures, but it was only 41 degrees this morning when I left the house. Frozen Tundra indeed. Warm Caribbean here I come.

As I write this I am winging my way to Miami, my favorite cruise port of all. I travel these days with a load of self entertainment equipment… an iPod with “my music” and a whole bunch of comedy routines… an iPad with a variety of movies and TV programs… and of course my trusty laptop that I’m writing to you on.

But this time the flight I’m on has video screens in the back of the seat in front of me with free movies. I watched “The Lone Ranger”… for the third time. I know the critics “panned” this movie, but I recommend it to you. While it’s not a “fine cinematic masterpiece”, it is a good old fashioned shoot-em-up-bang-bang and lots of fun.

That’s all for now… we’re landing in Miami and it’s time for the fun to begin.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

P.S. There have been a few questions about the drowning… I’ll answer those when I catch up with my posts.

Archived