dinner and showtimes??

WJBonds

Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for answering some simple questions for me. Regarding the Royal Princess, I am curious as to the evening show schedule in order to properly make dinner reservations. Is there one or two shows each evening and what times are they scheduled to start. Also, can dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants be made in advance. Thanks again.

Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for answering some simple questions for me. Regarding the Royal Princess, I am curious as to the evening show schedule in order to properly make dinner reservations. Is there one or two shows each evening and what times are they scheduled to start. Also, can dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants be made in advance. Thanks again.

They usually have two shows that correspond with dinner hours.

Early show for late diner sitting and a later show for early diner sitting.

MUTS runs a different schedule then other shows.

Actually, no, the above is incorrect (quelle surprise). The main production shows are almost always scheduled around 8 and 10 -- so after the first and second seating, respectively. It is very rare that shows are scheduled as the above poster indicates. Entertainment in the smaller lounges (music trivia, game shows, etc.) is scheduled around 9/9.30, so may be problematic for second seating.

You cannot make any restaurant reservations in advance. You can book at the specialty restaurants on embarkation day -- or any day thereafter.

Thank you for your answer. Having been on more than two dozen cruises I also felt that the 1st responder answered incorrectly. I didn't want to appear unappreciative so I did not reply to him. But, to be honest, I wonder why people respond to a question that they don't the answer to.

Thank you for your answer. Having been on more than two dozen cruises I also felt that the 1st responder answered incorrectly. I didn't want to appear unappreciative so I did not reply to him. But, to be honest, I wonder why people respond to a question that they don't the answer to.

On our first Panama Canal cruise on Princess the first show was held at 18:30 and the second was held at 20:30 . The only days didn't happen was on long port days and the Canal crossing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Actually, no, the above is incorrect (quelle surprise). The main production shows are almost always scheduled around 8 and 10 -- so after the first and second seating, respectively. It is very rare that shows are scheduled as the above poster indicates. Entertainment in the smaller lounges (music trivia, game shows, etc.) is scheduled around 9/9.30, so may be problematic for second seating.

You cannot make any restaurant reservations in advance. You can book at the specialty restaurants on embarkation day -- or any day thereafter.

Actually Princess just announced that starting next month and beginning with the Royal Princess specialty restaurant reservations can be made in advance online! At last...

Actually Princess just announced that starting next month and beginning with the Royal Princess specialty restaurant reservations can be made in advance online! At last...

Any word on other Princess ships and if the Chef's Table dinners will be available to book in advance?

Any word on other Princess ships and if the Chef's Table dinners will be available to book in advance?

I think they're rolling it out for the Royal Princess first as a soft launch. All I heard about was the Royal Princess and the specialty restaurants. I'm assuming that it'll roll out further later in the year.

Wonderful news! Where did you hear this? Do you know how to make the online reservations?

My TA shared the news with me last week. It's supposed to be available Nov 1st and you do it through the Cruise Personalizer where you do spa reservations and such. Great news!

Archived