Coffee card

cgs11

The punches are for a certain number of speciality coffees I assume but doesn't the card also include unlimited brewed coffees? If yes it does, I meant should I buy us a card each for unlimited brewed coffees at the international cafe or just the one for both of us? TIA.

We have used just one card on our Princess cruises foe Coffe, Tea and Speciality coffees. When it is ued up before the cruise is over you can purchase another card. And that card will be good on your next cruise but any coffee will then require a punch.

Just wondered as we are a couple do most other couples buy a coffee card each or just buy one and share it?

Some people adamantly insist you should have separate cards. Others say that is not necessary. In my experience the barista doesn't care. I bought two cards but only ever showed one.

The punches are for a certain number of speciality coffees I assume but doesn't the card also include unlimited brewed coffees? If yes it does, I meant should I buy us a card each for unlimited brewed coffees at the international cafe or just the one for both of us? TIA.

Seriously? What do you think? Ethics 101.

I am the only coffee drinker in our home so I get the card. I like mochas on the at sea days. I didn't use it for fresh brewed regular but I did get my husband a few cups of special teas on our last cruise as he was ill. I don't think I abused the card. If done that way, I don't see why you can't have one card. But, if you are both heavy coffee drinkers, I think the right thing to do is to get two cards. The card can be used on your next cruise(s) if there are punches left on it. It will get punched for each cup/drink you get.

I haven't seen the coupon for the travel mug in a long time but maybe someone else has.

We were on the Sapphire Princess last week and purchased a coffee card (which is $29.00 plus 15% gratuity). My wife and I shared it. No coupon for a travel mug.

Exchanged our mini bar for 2 coffee cards on Caribbean Princess two weeks ago. We also had a two year old card with three punches left on it which I presume I could have used for unlimited free brewed coffee and for tea. Also tried the free hot chocolate available on the card and realised just how nice it is :)

Exchanged our mini bar for 2 coffee cards on Caribbean Princess two weeks ago.

Princess exchanges a (two portions of each beverage) mini-bar for two personal Coffee Cards, not one Coffee Card to be shared. That probably tells us something right there. Unless one has already made up their mind.

Also tried the free hot chocolate available on the card and realised just how nice it is :)

I need to remember to try it!

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

If the benefit of using a coffee card for unlimited brewed coffee, tea, hot chocolate expires at the end of the cruise on which the coffee card was obtained, how can this be enforced? How would they know it was a card from a previous cruise? Just checked our two new ones, which we obtained and started using on our recent cruise. They are a brown colour and although there is space for a name on the reverse side, we did not complete it and nothing was said on board?

Exchanged our mini bar for 2 coffee cards on Caribbean Princess two weeks ago. We also had a two year old card with three punches left on it which I presume I could have used for unlimited free brewed coffee and for tea. Also tried the free hot chocolate available on the card and realised just how nice it is :)

What is the procedure for exchanging your mini-bar setup with the 2 coffee cards? Did you arrange it with Princess before your cruise? Talk to your cabin steward when you got on board? Talk to customer service desk when you got on board?

Also, one of us is a coffee drinker, the other is a soda drinker. Do you think they would let us exchange for 1 unlimited soda & more card and 1 coffee card instead of 2 coffee cards? This will be a 3-day coastal, so the cost of the unlimited soda & more card will be less than the cost of the coffee card.

What is the procedure for exchanging your mini-bar setup with the 2 coffee cards? Did you arrange it with Princess before your cruise? Talk to your cabin steward when you got on board? Talk to customer service desk when you got on board?

Also, one of us is a coffee drinker, the other is a soda drinker. Do you think they would let us exchange for 1 unlimited soda & more card and 1 coffee card instead of 2 coffee cards? This will be a 3-day coastal, so the cost of the unlimited soda & more card will be less than the cost of the coffee card.

Just ask room service when you get onboard. Our steward told us that was the way to get it exchanged. Not sure if you can swap out half of the bar for a soda card but you could ask. If you do get it, could you post on CC as that is what would suit us better as not huge offee drinkers.

Just ask room service when you get onboard. Our steward told us that was the way to get it exchanged. Not sure if you can swap out half of the bar for a soda card but you could ask. If you do get it, could you post on CC as that is what would suit us better as not huge offee drinkers.

I'll be sure to report back here when we get home. I've read plenty of reports where people have exchanged for 2 coffee cards. So, I'm hopeful we can exchange for 1 coffee card and 1 unlimited soda and more card, since the coffee card would cost a flat $30 or so, and the US+M card is about $8 per day. So on a 3-day cruise the US+M card would be less than $25. Of course, logic doesn't always apply in these situations. ;) I'll let you know.

Archived