Lemonade

jamesnnb

We are just off the Sapphire (great trip!) and see they no longer offer lemonade in the Lido? Is this new? I see on the Princess website it is offered in the Sanctuary ($10 per 'period' for use and offerings). Did they remove from the Lido when they moved it to The Sanctuary? Just wondering.

I don't know what the Sanctuary and lemonade availability in the buffet have to do with one another -- at least, I assume the buffet is what you mean when you say "Lido." Do you mean that when you asked a server in the Horizon Court, they said there was no longer lemonade? I haven't heard anyone else report that, so that is something of a surprise.

You're right, Horizon Court it is! Although I do believe you knew what I meant....

What they have to do with one another (Sanctuary and Horizon Court) is that lemonade is stated as an actual item being served in the Sanctuary (on the Princess website) and is not an item that was offered in the Horizon Court, like it use to be. My point being that perhaps since it is offered as a specific item in the (for fee) Sanctuary, they removed it from the (for free) Horizon Court.

Horizon Court has water (hot and cold), coffee, ice and makings for tea. Also has milk and sometimes cream.

At one time we thought you could get your own lemonade, during lunchtime, at the Horizon Court, from a machine (along with a punch).

On my last couple of cruises (most recently in December), there wasn't a dispenser for lemonade. You would ask a server in the Horizon or by the pool for lemonade. Sometimes you can find a pitcher in the Horizon that you can quickly pour yourself a glass if a server can't be found.

I don't recall seeing punch being available in the Horizon. Or you thinking about another cruiseline?

We first noticed it was no longer in the self-dispensing machine and did ask, once, but he didn't seem to know. Thus we assumed it was no longer available. We should have inquired again. Our bad. It is no doubt still available and we just needed to pursue it again. We'll be back on the Sapphire in 5 months or so -- we'll do it right the next time! Thanks, all.

We first noticed it was no longer in the self-dispensing machine and did ask, once, but he didn't seem to know. Thus we assumed it was no longer available. We should have inquired again. Our bad. It is no doubt still available and we just needed to pursue it again. We'll be back on the Sapphire in 5 months or so -- we'll do it right the next time! Thanks, all.

Again, my question is whether the lemonade has ever been in the dispensers? I only recall the lemonade being poured from pitchers. I do remember from some years ago that Carnival had lemonade (and perhaps punch) being in the machines, but our last Carnival cruise was in 2002. Since then, we've been on just Princess, and have never seen anything but coffee and hot water (maybe tea) in those machines.

Again' date=' my question is whether the lemonade has ever been in the dispensers? I only recall the lemonade being poured from pitchers. I do remember from some years ago that Carnival had lemonade (and perhaps punch) being in the machines, but our last Carnival cruise was in 2002. Since then, we've been on just Princess, and have never seen anything but coffee and hot water (maybe tea) in those machines.[/quote']

Celebrity is/was still using the dispensers but I agree, I don't ever remember the dispensers on Princess....just the big pitchers.

Lemonade available from wait staff in HC on Caribbean Princess two weeks ago. Not in dispensers on many ships although I think it used to be in a dispenser on Dawn and Sea Princess. Don't recall it being offered in the Sanctuary on Crown Princess or Dawn Princess - the only two Sanctuaries we have visited in recent years.

Lemonade was in the dispensers on the Dawn in January this year on our cruise and when there was no waiters around you could serve yourself

I guess they have to use dispensers "down under" as the pitchers would be upside down and the lemonade would spill out. :D

Archived