Missing mail from Oasis

bradsnana

Sometimes that stuff does not get mailed till the ship comes back to its homeport. If you want something to go out then you should mail it yourself on a port day.

When my mom used to travel she used to mail stuff all the time from ships and land vacations. Sometimes it was a month or more after she got home before it showed up

What kind of postage did you put on it? I always put it in an envelope with a first class stamp on it. That way I knew it would reach its destination. Haven't mailed a postcard in several years but they always arrived before we got home!

Edited by Wilda

Thanks everyone.....

I put a $1.00 stamp that I bought at guest services and put it in the outgoing mail. Hopefully it will turn up and surprise my grandson on a day he needs it the most.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi

We posted about 10 postcards on the Grand Princess back in March 2013

about the time we reached Mexico on the way to San Francisco , mostly to friends in Australia and they ALL arrived about a month ago (Sept)

Only took about 6 months:eek:

Snail Mail!!!

Clive

Hi

We posted about 10 postcards on the Grand Princess back in March 2013

about the time we reached Mexico on the way to San Francisco , mostly to friends in Australia and they ALL arrived about a month ago (Sept)

Only took about 6 months:eek:

Snail Mail!!!

Clive

Wow!!! I guess there is still hope for my little postcard.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sending from island isn't much better. We mailed a post card from Antigua in May to ourself and got it in july

What an interesting experiment! Think I'll try it on my cruise this December. I'm curious about how long it will take during the holidays;)

• 4 weeks later...

I gave up on mailing postcards from the ship, years ago. They usually reached their destination around the time I was getting ready to leave on my NEXT cruise! :D Since I don't like to have to deal with foreign postage, I usually look for a US port on my itinerary, and mail all my postcards from there. For instance, in St. Thomas, the shuttles to the shopping district drop you off right by the US Post Office, there -- very convenient! :cool: If we don't stop in a US port, I hang onto my post cards and mail them as soon as I get back to the states -- many have arrived with a Ft. Lauderdale post-mark. :p

I mailed 3 postcards from the post office at the Fort Lauderdale airport after our cruise this past January. 1 arrived 2 months later and the other 2 still have not arrived. We thought we'd drop them off at the airport instead of on the cruise ship as they would arrive faster. We were wrong!