A little help PLEASE!?!?

angie1818

I know that they state that they carry the all the major network channels on the ship. But I need to know if they carry CBS for NCAA football. So if you just got off of the Fascination or other similar ship and internary and were able to watch the games please let me know. Got to keep the DH HAPPY!:D

This week the games that are being on shown CBS are Georgia at Vanderbilt and Auburn at No. 7 Texas A&M. So if your getting on board this week please please please check for me.. :D:D:D

Alabama plays Tennesse on the OCT 26th and they just announced today that it is a 2:30 CBS game.

Thanks Everyone!!!

We cruised on the Paradise a few weeks ago. We got two channels from Miami and one from Pittsburgh. Football was on the TVs in the bars. You won't be able to see all of the games you do at home, but there will be football on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Football, schmootball.

Who cares?

You're on a cruise! :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

A lot of people care. I made the mistake of booking a cruise that left on Iron Bowl day (Alabama vs Auburn). My husband found a bar that was able to pick up the game.

Roll Tide!!

Football, schmootball.

Who cares?

I care! A happy DH keeps me happy too! But I am almost as bad as him! I love my BAMA football! Thanks for everyone's help! We are in Nassau on Saturday so I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

The Florida / Georgia game was on CBS this past Saturday. So if anyone was able to watch on board I would love to know.

Again thanks.

Roll Tide!

im not bashing anyone.....i answered the question to the best of my knowledge but my wife and i were on the Elation out of New Orleans 3 weeks ago and everyone on the ship cared more about seeing football then the cruise it self.......we were bewildered......i would stay home if it meant that much to me...i love beaches and the ocean...thats why i cruise! Sports isn't even remotely on my mind on a ship.

From Carnival:

Television Programming

Ships: All

Depending on the Satellite and location of the ship, the following network channels are received as well as a selection of free movies.

· CBS / NBC / ABC / FOX

· CNN Domestic / CNN International / CNN En Espanol

· TCM (Turner Classic Movies)

· Boomerang (cartoons) / Cartoon Network

· TNT Latin America

· ESPN / ESPN 2 Latin America – both shown in the Sports Bars only; not broadcast in staterooms

im not bashing anyone.....i answered the question to the best of my knowledge but my wife and i were on the Elation out of New Orleans 3 weeks ago and everyone on the ship cared more about seeing football then the cruise it self.......we were bewildered......i would stay home if it meant that much to me...i love beaches and the ocean...thats why i cruise! Sports isn't even remotely on my mind on a ship.

I agree...... But it's only 3 hours and if I keep him happy that means I get to cruise twice a year! But it's great to watch at the bar with friends and new friends with the DOD in hand!:D

Thanks again

Football, schmootball.

Who cares?

My DH cares. A lot. So I get the OPs concern. My DH is a die hard Univ of Tx fan. We got married in October because I wanted a fall wedding. We got married on a bye weekend. Now any trips for our anniversary are now planned around the football schedule. I always make sure to find a way to make it work for him. I don't get it 100%. But he doesnt understand why I need 5 pairs of black heels. I don't have to get it, but I try to be accomidating to it because he does the same for me.

I agree...... But it's only 3 hours and if I keep him happy that means I get to cruise twice a year! But it's great to watch at the bar with friends and new friends with the DOD in hand!:D

Thanks again

My Raiders were on Monday Night Football on the Elation and i got so involved with doing stuff i forgot to even peek in and check the score....to my wife's delight....lol...It was all LSU and Tide fans on that cruise....they were crazed about it even cursing at certain bars for not showing the game.

From Carnival:

Television Programming

Ships: All

Depending on the Satellite and location of the ship, the following network channels are received as well as a selection of free movies.

· CBS / NBC / ABC / FOX

· CNN Domestic / CNN International / CNN En Espanol

· TCM (Turner Classic Movies)

· Boomerang (cartoons) / Cartoon Network

· TNT Latin America

· ESPN / ESPN 2 Latin America – both shown in the Sports Bars only; not broadcast in staterooms

This is probably a stupid question but....... is CBS the same all across the USA? If so we should be good to watch even in our room! In that case Cocktails at 3:30 in our suite!!!

My Raiders were on Monday Night Football on the Elation and i got so involved with doing stuff i forgot to even peek in and check the score....to my wife's delight....lol...It was all LSU and Tide fans on that cruise....they were crazed about it even cursing at certain bars for not showing the game.

I'm sure it was all LSU fans... just kidding! Our best friends are LSU fans! You should be at our house for that game!!! I agree fans take it too far sometimes. The wonderful staff at Carnival doesn't deserve alot of what they have to put up with. After all it is just a game... an important one ... but still just a game.

Thanks everyone!

West coast gets stations from Miami FL, so everything is three hours earlier. But they do carry network sports. Check time zone tho for timing.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

This is probably a stupid question but....... is CBS the same all across the USA? If so we should be good to watch even in our room! In that case Cocktails at 3:30 in our suite!!!

Not a stupid question, some CBS sports are shown regionally. You can get different programming depending on where you are in the country. I believe that Magic out of Galveston was showing a Miami affiliate broadcast for CBS.

I know that they state that they carry the all the major network channels on the ship. But I need to know if they carry CBS for NCAA football. So if you just got off of the Fascination or other similar ship and internary and were able to watch the games please let me know. Got to keep the DH HAPPY!:D

This week the games that are being on shown CBS are Georgia at Vanderbilt and Auburn at No. 7 Texas A&M. So if your getting on board this week please please please check for me.. :D:D:D

Alabama plays Tennesse on the OCT 26th and they just announced today that it is a 2:30 CBS game.

Thanks Everyone!!!

OK for all of you getting off the Fascination (or any boat) this morning ---- Did you get to watch any of the College football games on CBS?

Thanks!!!

OK for all of you getting off the Fascination (or any boat) this morning ---- Did you get to watch any of the College football games on CBS?

Thanks!!!

Not "fresh" off the Fascination but have sailed her many times. There will be college football on the Fascination, however, as others have said you won't know what games you will have until you get there.

You mentioned watching in your suite, but another fun option is the Beverly Hills Bar (aft). They have several TVs and will change channels to accomodate the viewers. We have watched NFL, NCAA, NASCAR and even March Madness on these TVs and always made new friends!

Enjoy your cruise!

Not "fresh" off the Fascination but have sailed her many times. There will be college football on the Fascination, however, as others have said you won't know what games you will have until you get there.

You mentioned watching in your suite, but another fun option is the Beverly Hills Bar (aft). They have several TVs and will change channels to accomodate the viewers. We have watched NFL, NCAA, NASCAR and even March Madness on these TVs and always made new friends!

Enjoy your cruise!

Do they change networks often or do they broadcast the same week to week? Earlier someone told me that they are broadcasting CBS from a channel in Denver. If that's the case I checked the station in Denver and it is listed in their program listing for that day.

Do they change networks often or do they broadcast the same week to week? Earlier someone told me that they are broadcasting CBS from a channel in Denver. If that's the case I checked the station in Denver and it is listed in their program listing for that day.

No, if that's the case, you should be fine. They are pulling from satellites and unless there is an issue, they usually keep to the same ones. Hope you have a nice cruise! 47 days to wait for me!

Last four years out of Ft Lauderdale (in December) we had Denver CO based stations. Kinda odd watching blizzard news while on a cruise.:rolleyes:

Yes, yes it is!:cool:

Archived