Embassy Suites 2 night minimum stay?

trixiegolf

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale a number of times. For our upcoming Oasis cruise on May 24, 2014, we are finding that the hotel is requiring a 2 night minimum stay. Has anyone else encountered this situation? What do you think the chances are that the hotel will release the requirement the closer we get to departure date???

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale a number of times. For our upcoming Oasis cruise on May 24, 2014, we are finding that the hotel is requiring a 2 night minimum stay. Has anyone else encountered this situation? What do you think the chances are that the hotel will release the requirement the closer we get to departure date???

If they are requiring a two night minimum stay, they will sell out. If you want to stay there, book it and add a day to your vaycay. It's not like FLL is some crappy spot.

Don't wait to book.

That's exactly what I did. The rate for 2 nights total was about what the same rate was for 1 night at any other time we stayed there. I just feel kinda bad that the second night will go to waste.

Thanks for your help!

Maybe you can give that second night to a fellow cruiser?

That's a great idea!! I'll post the offer on a different thread for 2 rooms, Embassy Suites, night of May 24, 2014. The rate will probably be about $120 for the night. I will clear it with the hotel so that I can check out with my credit card and let the new folks check in with theirs.

That's a great idea!! I'll post the offer on a different thread for 2 rooms, Embassy Suites, night of May 24, 2014. The rate will probably be about $120 for the night. I will clear it with the hotel so that I can check out with my credit card and let the new folks check in with theirs.

I was suggesting you give it away. A hotel isn't going to let you check out with your credit card and let someone else check in with theirs.

Is this reservation cancellable? If so I'd keep an eye on other sites, even the basics like Orbitz etc and they may book one night for you.

Considering that is Memorial Day Weekend tho, chances aren't too good for you.

Hotel.com has the Renaissance avail for one night for $149. Nice property on 17th St.

ES is not avail there either.

I was doing great with the Renaissance for May 23, but when I tried to also book it for Jan 25 (another cruise date), the rate jumped up to $234. Maybe I should just stick with the plain Homewood Suites.

Thanks so much for all the insight.

I was doing great with the Renaissance for May 23, but when I tried to also book it for Jan 25 (another cruise date), the rate jumped up to $234. Maybe I should just stick with the plain Homewood Suites.

Thanks so much for all the insight.

January is peak season and that isn't a bad rate at all. Do you need to stay in the hotel both dates? I don't understand.

Yes, both dates (Jan 25 and May 23). I think we'll stay at the Homewood Suites on Jan 25 with points, and book May23 and 24 at the Embassy Suites, in case we're not comfortable with the Homewood.

I really think I obsessing over this. I've got to let go...

Yes, both dates (Jan 25 and May 23). I think we'll stay at the Homewood Suites on Jan 25 with points, and book May23 and 24 at the Embassy Suites, in case we're not comfortable with the Homewood.

I really think I obsessing over this. I've got to let go...

Why not just go with the $149 at the Renaissance for one night in May?

Since we've stayed so many times at the Embassy Suites and GalleryOne, I just feel more comfortable with a familiar hotel. Although, the Renaissance certainly gets it's fair share of positive comments. I've made quicker decisions buying a new car than my stressing over a silly hotel room!

Archived