Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

Looks that RCI plans a series of new repositionings for RHAPSODY in spring 2015: maybe Sydney --> Singapore; Singapore --> Dubai; Dubai --> Suez Canal --> Mediterranean.

Let's see whether she returns to Australia in fall 2015...

So the only ship which offers Hawaii cruises in 2015 is RADIANCE - at least in spring 2015.

Let's see what is offered in Sep 2015...

Since it was rumored In board that Rhapsody would be in the Baltic's, the Mediterranean seems very likely. Sometimes there is wishful thinking among crew.

It was also rumored Rhapsody would be in Tampa in winter 2015-2016 which continues to look very possible. There is usually one ship crossing over from Europe to do possibly a few fall color cruises and then down to Tampa as Brilliance is doing right now.

I wonder what ship will be replacing the Rhapsody of the Seas in Australia. I will be interested in see the relocation itinerary for the Rhapsody and of course the cost as I'm not like the 100% supplements for singles that RCL have just introduced.

Hi,

RHAPSODY was rumored for Tampa in 2015/16?? Do you have any source?

Could make sense - RHAPSODY short cruises from Tampa, VISION 7 nights from Tampa (as she does it from Nov 2014)... would be great to see BRILLIANCE on other itineraries... :)

I could imagine that you are all angry about the cancellation of the Hawaii cruise... :eek: hopefully RCI offers you great other cruises!!!

It seems that RCI only deploys Vision liners in the eastern Med in 2015: RHAPSODY, SPLENDOUR; LEGEND.

And in the western Med in 2015 might sail: ALLURE, ANTHEM, ADVENTURE.

According to rumors, MARINER is scheduled for Australia/NZ. Maybe she replaces RHAPSODY and RCI deploys MARINER, VOYAGER & RADIANCE in Australia/Nz from late 2015...

In Europe it looks like this for 2015:

ANTHEM: Med from Southampton

ALLURE: Med from Barcelona

ADVENTURE: Med/Baltic/Norway from Southampton

SERENADE: Norway/Baltic from Copenhagen, Stockholm, Hamburg

BRILLIANCE: Baltic/Norway from Harwich

RHAPSODY: Med from Civitavecchia

SPLENDOUR: Med from venice

LEGEND: Med from Barcelona (longer cruises)

If they are going to cancel the Sydney to Hawaii cruise I wonder when they are going to let people know? Really disappointed that this seems likely, I wouldn't rebook on the Radiance. We just did this trip and while we loved the Radiance and crew we wouldn't want to do the same ports again.

Also will they refund deposits or will they push to put them towards a new booking?

Kirsten

Hi,

RHAPSODY was rumored for Tampa in 2015/16?? Do you have any source?

Could make sense - RHAPSODY short cruises from Tampa, VISION 7 nights from Tampa (as she does it from Nov 2014)... would be great to see BRILLIANCE on other itineraries... :)

I could imagine that you are all angry about the cancellation of the Hawaii cruise... :eek: hopefully RCI offers you great other cruises!!!

It seems that RCI only deploys Vision liners in the eastern Med in 2015: RHAPSODY, SPLENDOUR; LEGEND.

And in the western Med in 2015 might sail: ALLURE, ANTHEM, ADVENTURE.

According to rumors, MARINER is scheduled for Australia/NZ. Maybe she replaces RHAPSODY and RCI deploys MARINER, VOYAGER & RADIANCE in Australia/Nz from late 2015...

In Europe it looks like this for 2015:

ANTHEM: Med from Southampton

ALLURE: Med from Barcelona

ADVENTURE: Med/Baltic/Norway from Southampton

SERENADE: Norway/Baltic from Copenhagen, Stockholm, Hamburg

BRILLIANCE: Baltic/Norway from Harwich

RHAPSODY: Med from Civitavecchia

SPLENDOUR: Med from venice

LEGEND: Med from Barcelona (longer cruises)

Just realize Radiance was also rumored to come back to Tampa at one time. But now it would seem more likely for Rhapsody. IF it is truly going to Europe which we don't know will happen for sure either - but certainly it appears something is up. Maybe she will end up in another Florida port doing what Legend was or what Vision will be doing. That would also seem more likely being in the same class and with the same renovations - long Caribbean cruises.

I never name a source. But if they are off a little with the Baltic "wish", they might be off a little with Tampa. The general locations just look pretty possible if Rhapsody is on the port schedule for a repositioning to Europe. Does anyone do Mediterranean cruises year round? I mean mainstream cruise lines?

I don't know any of this as fact. It's just something to throw out there for more input. Eventually we'll get to the bottom of it - with an itinerary release by RCI. :)

Gina

It becomes interesting!!

As far as I know, NCL deploys two ships year round in Europe - JADE and SPIRIT.

It is likely that SERENADE offers all the itineraries in 2015/16 (Baltic, Norway, TA, Canada/NE, Caribbean) which LEGEND offers in 2014... so RHAPSODY should do "new" cruises.

But Tampa sounds logical. Maybe she also does some short cruises out of Ft Lauderdale during the winter period. :)

To be honest, it does not matter at all for me which ships sail the Mediterranean itineraries in 2015 - for me it is important that SERENADE comes to Scandinavia (hopefully from Hamburg) and to Canada/New England!! ;)

That would be an interesting reposition - San Juan to Vancouver :)

We did basically the same thing on Radiance only the starting port was Tampa instead of San Juan. It ended in Vancouver and took 20 days. Fifteen through the canal and 5 from San Diego to Vancouver. The next day it went back to Victoria for dry dock.

VERY nice cruise.

Gina

We did basically the same thing on Radiance only the starting port was Tampa instead of San Juan. It ended in Vancouver and took 20 days. Fifteen through the canal and 5 from San Diego to Vancouver. The next day it went back to Victoria for dry dock.

VERY nice cruise.

Gina

That does sound like a great cruise. :)

Bill

I believe she was on the repositioning trip to Vancouver that has dropped off the schedule.

As far as reservations are concerned, I still am. Given that TCI doesn't usually release their summer sailings until the spring prior, I wouldn't be surprised if they just keep telling people "inventory management" or "very large group booking" for months on end.:rolleyes:

That would be an interesting reposition - San Juan to Vancouver :)

I could do that. But I'd be more interested in a sailing to Rome via the west coast of Africa. That would give me another continent to cross off the list.

Celebrity fan, where did you find the port schedule for Civitavecchia, please?

As far as reservations are concerned, I still am. Given that TCI doesn't usually release their summer sailings until the spring prior, I wouldn't be surprised if they just keep telling people "inventory management" or "very large group booking" for months on end.:rolleyes:

I could do that. But I'd be more interested in a sailing to Rome via the west coast of Africa. That would give me another continent to cross off the list.

Celebrity fan, where did you find the port schedule for Civitavecchia, please?

Rhapsody is definitely on the schedule.

It's at www . porti di roma . it

You need to look it up again as a "cruise ship" on that date - July 19, 2015. The link doesn't save the info filled in.

http://www.portidiroma.it/en/content/ship-arrivals-and-departures#

Edited by mommabean

To be honest, I think of JEWEL OF THE SEAS out of Alaska in 2015, together with RADIANCE OF THE SEAS! ;)

Two Radiance class ships doing Alaska runs at the same time? Now way, makes no sense.

Brand new Anthem in Alaska? I have serious doubts.

Voyager or Mariner haven't been mentioned... Soltice is finally coming to Seattle, why not a size upgrade for RCL to Voyager Class and bring either VOS or MOS Transpacific in place of Rhapsody May 2015?

Why not JEWEL and RADIANCE??

Several years ago (until 2009), RCI deployed SERENADE and RADIANCE in Alaska - NCL still deploys NORWEGIAN JEWEL and NORWEGIAN PEARL there, and HAL WESTERDAM, OOSTERDAM, ZUIDERDAM, Princess CORAL/ISLAND PRINCESS.

Also Celebrity deployed teo sister ships there long time ago (MILLENNIUM/SUMMIT and INFINITY).

I think it would definitely make sense to deploy to Radiance-class-ships there. :)

Which other ship could replace RHAPSODY?

EXPLORER seems to stay at Pt Canaveral and she cannot pass the Panama Canal due to the bridge, the final cruise of VOYAGER in April 2015 ends in Singapore... ;)

Got it, thanks!

It isn't the most user friendly search. Day by day...but did you notice the last day Rhapsody will be in Civitavecchia? Oct. 30, 2015 which to me would mean she begins her repositioning to somewhere back in the states. I think that's too late to go back to Australia since their summer season begins sooner.

And RCI has Splendour of the Seas leaving Civitavecchia for the last time that year on November 18.

Gina

Why not JEWEL and RADIANCE??

Several years ago (until 2009), RCI deployed SERENADE and RADIANCE in Alaska - NCL still deploys NORWEGIAN JEWEL and NORWEGIAN PEARL there, and HAL WESTERDAM, OOSTERDAM, ZUIDERDAM, Princess CORAL/ISLAND PRINCESS.

Also Celebrity deployed teo sister ships there long time ago (MILLENNIUM/SUMMIT and INFINITY)..... the final cruise of VOYAGER in April 2015 ends in Singap;ore... ;)

Ah, really good points re: NCL & HAL. In watchng thier prices the past two years on these Alaska runs I think they've made some mistakes with this... then again NCL and HAL don't have as many different classes as RCL, no?

Your Voyager comment is where I'm going with this. Only two ships in 2015 other than Rhapsody/Radiance is not stuck in Europe on the Atlantic side, and brings me to thinking either the Mariner (Asia) or Voyager (Oz) Either of those would be AWESOME in this market out of Seattle or Vancouver!! :) Can either of these Voyager class ships get into Tracey Arm Fjord? I think so, I was just there in Sept and feel the that there was a ton of room to manouvre for the Rhapsody.

Only other choice(s) is to bring yet another Radiance class (still doesn't seem right to me) or another equal Vision class ship through the Canal and up the coast. Then again RCL has had Voyager, Mariner and Navigator out of Galveston the last 4 years so who knows :o

It isn't the most user friendly search. Day by day...but did you notice the last day Rhapsody will be in Civitavecchia? Oct. 30, 2015 which to me would mean she begins her repositioning to somewhere back in the states. I think that's too late to go back to Australia since their summer season begins sooner.

And RCI has Splendour of the Seas leaving Civitavecchia for the last time that year on November 18.

Gina

So it seems SPLENDOUR offers the South America cruises out of Santos again... ;)

I could imagine that RHAPSODY sails out of Tampa or Ft Lauderdale on short cruises...

Hooper, that seems to be right... the other comapnies do not have sooo many classes as RCI.

Okay, to deploy MARINER or VOYAGER via Transpacific to Alaska could be possible... but I think JEWEL has the right size for Alaska. :)

Where else should JEWEL go, if not Alaska? She is not listed in St. Maarten during the summer period, so between May and Nov she is not likely to sail out of San Juan...

The Radiance class were built specifically for the Alaska market. Why wouldn't it be right to have two Radiance class ships there? It's happened in the past. In fact, RCCL used to have Serenade doing the Vancouver roundtrips, Radiance doing the one ways, plus Rhapsody doing the Seattle roundtrips. For me a Radiance class ship, with a covered pool and all that glass throughout the ship is perfect for Alaska versus the Voyager class with no covered pool and few interior spaces with exterior views.

Edited by wrp96