Park/Cruise Hotel near Carnival Pier

azjim66

I am assuming they are talking about Long Beach...They're driving from Arizona and this IS the West Coast board...

I have my usual list of favorite Long Beach Hotels--Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance, Hyat at the Pike...but I don't think any of those will offer you a "Park and Cruise" deal...

So...in your case, I would contact the Maya Doubletree...and, if not them, the Long Beach Hilton...I believe at least on if not both offer a "Carnival Park and Cruise" rate...with parking included for the duration of the cruise at a reasonable rate...

The Maya is a favorite of many Carnival cruisers as you can even walk to the ship from the hotel...And there is a stop for the free city "Passport" shuttle right outside the hotel for transportation across the channel into Downtown Long Beach--where you can find a myriad of attractions and restaurants...and the Queen Mary is right inbetween the Maya and the Carnival Terminal...

Have fun...

Thanks Steve!! If we were only going to park the car with no hotel, what are the best options in Long Beach by the Carnival Pier?

Parking structure directly adjacent to the Carnival Terminal...a little steep at $15 per day, buit it can't get any more convenient...

You'll spend $105 parking during a 7-night cruise...

Based on the price, I'd still recommend doing a night in a hotel somewhere...

Apparently, more Long Beachg hotels are now offering some sort of deal...

http://www.visitlongbeach.com/docs/ParkSail-3-27-2013.pdf

IF you can get that rate, for example, at the Westin...$169...you're basically paying $64 for the room for the night above and beyond the parking...and that's a great hotel...Or, if you can get the Courtyard for $129 including parking AND breakfast, you're, basically, paying for parking plus $24 for a hotel room and breakfast...that's really just a FREE HOTEL ROOM!

I wouldn't recommend ALL of the hotels on this list--some are in the wrong part of Long Beach or poorly located far from restaurants, attractions and the pier...

But, if you can get a rate with parking that makes sense at any of these--Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance, Hyatt at the Pike...or, as a second choice, Hilton, Courtyard Downtown, Maya Doubletree, you may be way ahead...

FYI -- Parking is now $17/day in Long Beach. There are no other viable options in Long Beach. The Queen Mary complex is not near any other parking.

AZJIM66--The cheapest option is not the most convinient-- Park at Union Station for $6/day (Long Term Parking at the Gateway Center) and take the metro to Long Beach.

Here's the info in case you want to do it. We've done it many times with no issues. YMMV It will take about 2 hours.

From Union Station take the Red or Purple line to the 7th St Station. Transfer to the Blue Line to the Long Beach Transit Mall. Pick up the Passport bus to the Queen Mary.

Total cost is $6 RT + $1 for the TAP card pp. Each segment in $1.50 The Passport bus is free.

Travel lightly as the busses and trains get crowded.

Be warned that the Blue Line goes thru the worst neighborhoods in LA. Watts, Compton, South Central including flashpoints for several riots that have shut down the city.

metro.net

http://www.lbtransit.com/services/passport.aspx

I didn't realize it went up to $17...been a while since I cruised Carnival...

That means parking for a 7-nighter is now $119...even the more reason to do one of those park & cruise rates...

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I'd park at Union Station in Downtown LA and deal with all the hassle and time commitment each way just to save a few dollars on parking...Some "bargains" are just not worth it.

If you are driving in from Arizona, make your life simple and your vacation relaxing. Drive in the day before...at your leisure. If, say, your cruising on a Sunday, leave home Saturday morning, say, by 7:00 am...you will be in Long Beach by mid afternoon. Check into your hotel, unwind a little, take a nap. Then head off to one of the great restaurant choices, enjoy a dinner, then have a nice walk around the Pike or Shoreline Village. Head back to your hotel and get a relaxing night's sleep with no worries about getting to the ship the next day. Sleep in, wake up late...grab the hotel shuttle or the Passport bus to the pier...and start your cruise relaxed.

When the cruise is over, a short shuttle back to your hotel parking and you are back on the road for home...

Thanks everyone for all the info!! We will definately be doing a park & cruise deal. I have never been to Long Beach but it looks the Pike is a very nice area to check out the day /night before.. really looking forward to it!! Thanks again everyone.

Archived