Need advice on Hyatt Pier 66 in FLL?

MonaLisa

We are booked at the Hyatt in a few weeks and we need some advice from past guests on which is better to stay at? There is the tower and garden rooms. Which is better? Also, can anyone comment on the beds. Past reviews said that they are VERY uncomfortable. Any good restaurants close by. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you help!

Lisa

Hi Lisaicon_smile.gif I see you posted this on the hotel board too--replied over there for you as well.

I stayed there in January...lovely hotel. Water Taxi is very close...you can take it to Las Olas...tons of restaurants there.

You can also take a cab for about 5.00 over the bridge...Bravo is a wonderful Italian Place...eaten there twice. There is also Bimini Boat Yard and Carlos and Pepes for some fantastic Mexicanicon_smile.gif.

My room at the hotel was very nice and my bed was comfortable. Had one problem with a noisey neighbor icon_frown.gif and security came up to straighten things out.

I was on the 5th Floor..just high enough to see the ships icon_biggrin.gif.

I would stay there again!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Garden rooms are nice but rooms in the tower are better. Also you need to be in a tower room (on the correct side of the building) in order to get that magnificent view of the pier and the cruiseships. No chance to see this in the low level garden rooms.

Jubilee 1991 Solar Eclipse

Century FO 1996 E Carib

Mercury FO 1998 W Carib

Galaxy SS 2000 Alaska IP

Infinity FV 2002 S Carib

Horizon HS 3/05 W Carib

We just stayed there last month for a day before our Century cruise. We stayed in a tower king executive room, which overlooks the ocean and the pier. We were very disappointed, as this COULD be a great hotel, but not the 4 star status. We paid 249.00 per night for the rom, and that was a discount, its normally $3 hundred something...In our room, the entire rug was damp, and not from being cleaned either. The metal balcony divider was broken and banged around all night against the side and made a terrible loud noise all night...by the time we discovered this it was late and since we were only there for the night we toughed it out. It just seems the hotel needs some TLC and some money put into it. They charge top $$ but it is not worth it.

The good points are:

Top of the Pier, which is a beautiful rotating bar on top of the tower. It was actually a few floors up from our room.

The Grill 66 restaurant - one of the best meals I have had anywhere in a beautiful setting.

The view from the balcony is really beautiful, and we saw the Century pull in and dock just hours before boarding. The Queen Mary was in port too, and we got a chance to see her from our balcony.

The hotel is a great location, just needs some work...don't want you to be disappointed like we were..if you stay, know what to expecticon_smile.gif

Hi againicon_smile.gif I got a tower room...for 95.00..normally when you book on Priceline you are given a Garden room.

The gal behind the desk was really nice....she gave me the Tower icon_biggrin.gif...she said she has sailed Celebrity too icon_wink.gif, guess I got lucky!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

We have stayed there a couple of times, once in the tower and once in a room at the back of the property along one of the canals. Wife liked the tower, I liked the canal room. Views from the tower were great and we woke up to a harbor full of cruise ships. The canal room was very quiet and it nice to be able to walk out the back of the room and stroll along the canal. There's a marina at the back and there were several large private yachts tied up. Since I built large boats as a teenager I was quite interested in the yachts. One of the owners invited me onboard and we chatted over a cup of coffee....nice life!

Until Galaxy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;21;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived