No more captain Morgan! What?!!

Cruising4me

I think we are all adults to realize now to know that Captain Morgan's rum is on Carnival ships. Just because one person did not have it available for their sailing did not mean that it was being discontinued only that it was unavailable.

To me there is more to enjoy about cruising than just having my favorite cocktail at night. Its meeting new people who share a love for cruising, exploring new ports or re-exploring old ports, trying new foods I wouldn't think of trying at home, being spoiled by having someone cook and pickup after me and just relaxing.

We are on the pride & effective our sailing there is no more captain Morgan being served! Carnival is replacing it with Bacardi Oak Heart as the same! Definitely not! I hope they bring it back or we will have to sale another line!

Sharon

This is a falsehood. It is still being served and Cruise Critic seems to be deleting our posts about it. Just saw a list of what rum is still being served and Captain Morgan is on the list. Why is Cruise Critic deleting our posts about this? Does anyone know? Cruise Critic does not seem to like Carnival very well.

It's still spiced rum.... Silver Spiced or Lime Bite are the two white or clear rums they make. They have them in the states - they just don't carry them on the ships....

http://www.captainmorganusa.com/products/12

http://www.captainmorganusa.com/products/15

Sorry, I hate to argue, but that is not the same thing. You are only talking about American Captain Morgan. I said it is available in Canada.

This is Captain Morgan WHITE available in Canada only:

title-white.png

Light and crisp, Captain Morgan ® White Rum has a balanced, creamy character with just a hint of fruit. Softened by aging in white oak barrels for over a year, its unique essence is deliciously different, but clearly Captain Morgan. If you're into mixing cocktails, it's a must-have ingredient.

ABV: 40%

Available: Canada

This is Captain Morgan SILVER available in the US.

Silver-Spiced-Rum.png

Captain Morgan ® Silver Spiced Rum is a distinctive blend of clear, rich Puerto Rican white rum and tropical spice. It has a smooth, well-rounded taste with sweet vanilla character that is lighter and dryer than Captain Morgan ® Original Spiced Rum.

ABV: 35%

Available: USA

It's not the same.

I picked an all inclusive in Mexico based on whether they served Captain Morgan or not. So yes, I would check which cruiseline offered it or not.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Other cruises let you bring whatever you want on board (pretty much as much as you want), including island purchases, no smuggling. They are out there! Ie. you don't pay cheap cheap cheap but then you can have a good cruise and bring your favorites on board, whether its sold or not. Works for us. Saves on onboard credit too. We made our own margaritas and didn't have to make them so sugary.

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

This is not correct information. Who told you it is no longer available?

We are on the pride & effective our sailing there is no more captain Morgan being served! Carnival is replacing it with Bacardi Oak Heart as the same! Definitely not! I hope they bring it back or we will have to sale another line!

Sharon

Edited by awhcruiser

Sorry, I hate to argue, but that is not the same thing. You are only talking about American Captain Morgan. I said it is available in Canada.

No argument from me. It took me a while to get on the Canadian site because I saved my log-in on the US site. Had to delete my cookies...YOWZA! :eek: Anyway, you're right. I thought I already tried them all. :D You learn something new every day.

No argument from me. It took me a while to get on the Canadian site because I saved my log-in on the US site. Had to delete my cookies...YOWZA! :eek: Anyway, you're right. I thought I already tried them all. :D You learn something new every day.

They also have Captain Morgan 1680 which I have only seen on some of the islands like Grand Cayman:)

Black as the night, and a hint of Molasses

Just passing on info about Captain Morgan....I just picked up a friend getting off the Freedom this morning. He said there is No Captain Morgan on the ship. He was told by every bartender they are no longer stocking it as of this past sailing. He only drinks CM and he went to quest services to complain. He was told by the manager the same thing. Captain Morgan was taken off all the drink menus as part of the new drink menus they just put out. I know JH said this wasn't true and I'am a fan of him but this is what happened on the Freedom...

And I learned that the white CM in the States is spiced rum. I still don't know what they're serving on the ship but I now know more about CM :D

I don't even drink rum and I can't imagine that Carnival would stop carrying Captain Morgain. Bacardi would have had to make them a godfather offer. There's no upside to Carnival to discontinuing it unless Bacardi offers them a massive discount in exchange.

Just passing on info about Captain Morgan....I just picked up a friend getting off the Freedom this morning. He said there is No Captain Morgan on the ship. He was told by every bartender they are no longer stocking it as of this past sailing. He only drinks CM and he went to quest services to complain. He was told by the manager the same thing. Captain Morgan was taken off all the drink menus as part of the new drink menus they just put out. I know JH said this wasn't true and I'am a fan of him but this is what happened on the Freedom...

The new bar menu just came out...CM is not in the menu and as per the bar manager....CM has been replaced with a different rum on carnival

I don't even drink rum and I can't imagine that Carnival would stop carrying Captain Morgain. Bacardi would have had to make them a godfather offer. There's no upside to Carnival to discontinuing it unless Bacardi offers them a massive discount in exchange.

Exclusivity, except that Carnival doesn't know it. They think it's still on the ships.

So far, I'm reading it's gone from the Pride, the Dream and the Freedom.

Edited by LargeCornGyro

This wouldn't be the first time that JH has stated that something wasn't true but yet it was. I have learned to take what JH says with a grain of salt. He gets his info from someone at Carnival and if they give him the wrong info he passes it along as true because he has no idea.

Hoping someone will post the new menu soon!!!

It will be VERY interesting to see how this one ends!! Got a funny feeling this is another thing JH is "mistaken" about!. :/

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The normal minions are already over there trying to sheild him from blame. Its quite eerie how they treat him like a pet or depenndant.