No more captain Morgan! What?!!

Cruising4me

We are off topic to a certain degree, but isn't Jack Daniels made in a dry county in Tn?

That's correct. Moore county is dry so while Jack Daniels is made there, it (or any other hard liquor) cannot be sold there except at the Jack Daniels Country Store which has a special exemption.

That's correct. Moore county is dry so while Jack Daniels is made there, it (or any other hard liquor) cannot be sold there except at the Jack Daniels Country Store which has a special exemption.

Thanks, we were there many. many. many years ago.

Someone would choose not to sail a cruiseline because a certain booze isn't available. REALLY:eek::confused:

I would if there was another cruiseline close in price and quality. I would at least try it out. I would def shop around more if Carnival gets rid of the Captain. ;)

I would if there was another cruiseline close in price and quality. I would at least try it out. I would def shop around more if Carnival gets rid of the Captain. ;)

Kind of funny, but it sounds like a commercial for the Captain. Just saying

I was just on the Liberty last week. There was no CM. I was told at every bar on the ship that Carnival was was no longer serving CM. They gave me the new menu to show me where CM had been removed and replaced with a different spiced rum. We did find one bar that had a half of bottle left but that was quickly gone. Had a friend on the Freedom 2 weeks ago who reported the same story. It's funny that the gift shop had tons of CM to take home but you couldn't get it on board. I do have a copy of the new drink menu....

i would if there was another cruiseline close in price and quality. I would at least try it out. I would def shop around more if carnival gets rid of the captain. ;)

Ncl;)

Edited by jonbgd

We're just off Paradise. And no more Captain Morgan. They had a few Fifth's left at certain bars. Just had to find them. But Bar staff said no more Captain Morgan.:eek: Was going to be ordered.

Yeah, that's our drink of choice after dinner. Can only handle so many foo foo drinks during the day.

I think if we complain they'll bring it back. I know I'm going to comment on it when I fill out my survey I just received.

I was just on the Liberty last week. There was no CM. I was told at every bar on the ship that Carnival was was no longer serving CM. They gave me the new menu to show me where CM had been removed and replaced with a different spiced rum. We did find one bar that had a half of bottle left but that was quickly gone. Had a friend on the Freedom 2 weeks ago who reported the same story. It's funny that the gift shop had tons of CM to take home but you couldn't get it on board. I do have a copy of the new drink menu....

Just placed my on-line order from Bon Voyage on Tuesday, 11/5, for a bottle of Captain Morgan's.

You would actually change cruise lines because of one alcohol choice change on a line's ships?

You would actually change cruise lines because of one alcohol choice change on a line's ships?

Hell ya, I cruise to drink. But seriously just need a small reason to get off CCL and back to the rest. 5 CCL cruise's this year, maybe enough for awhile.

Yes, I would check in to other options. I am not saying that I am done with CCL if they stop carrying Captain Morgan but that is really the only thing I drink and I like to drink it on vacation. It would just give me more of an incentive to try other lines. We are already going NCL in Feb for their suite perks and to try them out. Different people find different things important to them on a cruise. Some people think the food is important and others think the entertainment is important. We are easy going people who can make the best of the situation. But I am not a beer drinker and love my Captain and coke's. If you try to give me Bacardi or something, it's just not the same. Someone else might not notice the difference but I can.

Yes, I would check in to other options. I am not saying that I am done with CCL if they stop carrying Captain Morgan but that is really the only thing I drink and I like to drink it on vacation. It would just give me more of an incentive to try other lines. We are already going NCL in Feb for their suite perks and to try them out. Different people find different things important to them on a cruise. Some people think the food is important and others think the entertainment is important. We are easy going people who can make the best of the situation. But I am not a beer drinker and love my Captain and coke's. If you try to give me Bacardi or something, it's just not the same. Someone else might not notice the difference but I can.

Wow

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

You may want to try sailor Jerry spiced rum :)

It spanks CM

Why are there still comments about Capt Morgan being removed when it has been explained and found NOT to be true. Only a rumour. Even John Herald had in his blog and in facebook about these things getting out of control with talk that is baseless. He then reiterated how it is not going anywhere and has had no plans to go any where.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Why are there still comments about Capt Morgan being removed when it has been explained and found NOT to be true. Only a rumour. Even John Herald had in his blog and in facebook about these things getting out of control with talk that is baseless. He then reiterated how it is not going anywhere and has had no plans to go any where.

Probably because it's true. Sounds like there was a decision to remove it, and instead of being honest, they have reversed the decision, and are trying to keep it under wraps. Even the supply problem was Acknowledged. Then blamed but indicated it was in the past.

But on board experience seems to indicate not everyone got the memo.

"if you want your Captain Morgan, you can keep it. Period."

Don't believe everything you are told.

Because reality - on more than one occasion - is that JH has been wrong!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't judge you so why do you feel the need to judge me?

And I do like sailor jerry. Does CCL carry that?

I was not judging you, was just surprised at your comment. I pass no judgements on others preferences, just somewhat surprised. Don't know about sailor Jerry sorry.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone