Carnival Splendor - sliding glass dome

Loreley990

We're condisering that 8 night Florida/Bahamas itinerary out of New York for a February departure.

We've done a cold weather cruise on Carnival Miracle a while back and they never closed the sliding glass dome over the midship pool despite chilly temperatures and rain. Back then I was under the impression their intention was to get people go inside and spend money rather than hanging out around the pool.

Has anyone done the NYC-Bahamas cruise on Splendor and could report whether they actually close the sliding glass dome on the first two/last two sea days?

Thanks!

We're condisering that 8 night Florida/Bahamas itinerary out of New York for a February departure.

We've done a cold weather cruise on Carnival Miracle a while back and they never closed the sliding glass dome over the midship pool despite chilly temperatures and rain. Back then I was under the impression their intention was to get people go inside and spend money rather than hanging out around the pool.

Has anyone done the NYC-Bahamas cruise on Splendor and could report whether they actually close the sliding glass dome on the first two/last two sea days?

Thanks!

I would be surprised if they didn't. On our Splendor cruise in August, our first sea day was rainy, and they had it closed.

We were on the Pride (same class of ship as the Miracle), on a Christmas cruise from Baltimore a few years ago, and the dome was closed on the two days down, and the last day back.

We were on Splendor in May and it was a bit chilly the lst and last sea days and the dome was closed. Matter of fact, they opened it the 2nd sea day which was warm and sunny, but the wind was so strong that it made it feel cold, so they reclosed the dome. ;) We cruised on Miracle in February and they did NOT close the dome which I couldn't understand. :confused: We are booked on the Splendor's 2/21/14 cruise and I am relieved we'll be able to sit at the pool.

We were on Splendor in May and it was a bit chilly the lst and last sea days and the dome was closed. Matter of fact, they opened it the 2nd sea day which was warm and sunny, but the wind was so strong that it made it feel cold, so they reclosed the dome. ;) We cruised on Miracle in February and they did NOT close the dome which I couldn't understand. :confused: We are booked on the Splendor's 2/21/14 cruise and I am relieved we'll be able to sit at the pool.

If I recall correctly, splendor has the ability to open/close the dome while sailing. However the miracle has to be docked to close/open the dome.

If I recall correctly, splendor has the ability to open/close the dome while sailing. However the miracle has to be docked to close/open the dome.

that is correct. I noticed the roof being open/close while sailing back in June when i sailed on her.. The miracle has no roof. Only the Splendor and the Conquest class ships have it

Thanks!

They do close it when needed.

that is correct. I noticed the roof being open/close while sailing back in June when i sailed on her.. The miracle has no roof. Only the Splendor and the Conquest class ships have it

The Pride has the retractable roof also. I believe it can only be opened or closed when ship is docked on the Spirit class.

Archived