RC Big Announcement for the UK on 21st November

gstewart

According to a travel agent I have used in the past, RC will have a big announcement for the UK on the 21st November. I expect it will be to confirm Anthem's deployment from the UK.

Attracted by the Headline - Sorry - Thought the announcement was going to be that UK will enjoy the same prices and benefits as the USA.:rolleyes:

According to a travel agent I have used in the past, RC will have a big announcement for the UK on the 21st November. I expect it will be to confirm Anthem's deployment from the UK.

Here in Australia we were recently subjected to a BIG announcement coming next week!!!! Lots of thoughts as to what we would be expecting this to be by all the loyal RCCL customers.

It turned out to be nothing more than an Instagram competition - talk about a let-down!!! Many of us voiced our opinions on their Facebook page and the replies from RCCL were a bit condescending, to say the least!

I hope it's not just another marketing ploy for you!

Perhaps they're announcing that they finally have their website up to date and in-line with the US website - oh wait, there's not chance of that :rolleyes:

You are definitely right about the website.

Princess site is so much better and you can book any cabin online !!!!!!

Plenty of speculation - no published FACTS at this point.

It's fair to assume that while Anthem will likely do a Europe run similar to other seasonal shifts in location, it's home base will be in the U.S.

You are contradicting yourself there. How is it fair to assume that. She might be based in Southampton year round like Indy used to, then again she might not.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We cruise for the ship, not the website!

We cruise for the itinerary (and the ship) but it would be nice to have an up to date and accurate website in the UK which enables us to research those things :p

I am guessing they will be confirming what we already suspect...Anthem's Homeport to be Southampton and give us the Inaugural date and date for booking to open.

I hope they have staff left to answer the phones as I heard yesterday that they were leaving in droves after the ridiculous decision to move the call centre to Guatemala :mad:

I hope they have staff left to answer the phones as I heard yesterday that they were leaving in droves after the ridiculous decision to move the call centre to Guatemala :mad:

Hope they are leaving under their own steam to new jobs.... when this happened to me I was the only one on the team to actually have one to go to when the redundancy period was over.

I am guessing they will be confirming what we already suspect...Anthem's Homeport to be Southampton and give us the Inaugural date and date for booking to open.

I hope they do the same launch party cruise like we had on Indy!!? ;)

Paul & Louise x

I hope they do the same launch party cruise like we had on Indy!!? ;)

Paul & Louise x

Yes that would be great, although a lot of the staff from the UK office who were involved in that launch are no longer with the company :(...Robin Shaw (who was the main man) & Lesley from C&A for example are both gone now from RCCL UK.

Hope you are both well :D

I suspect folks would welcome getting some actual verifiable news on this topic in contrast to is remaining (for now) yet another speculation thread...

There are many ships that have been home ported in the U.S. and then seasonally based in Europe. This model has been used over and over again.

Home port can also depend on the definition - depending on season. It would come as no surprise to see Anthem show up departing from Southampton for several months of the year.

Other than a guess or rumor propagated by someone...there is no firm documentation as to the home port for Anthem.

Forgive me but this is a forum is it not? This is where we discuss speculation, as well as actual news.

Indy at the moment is based in the UK for 6 months and in the US for 6 months (a pretty even split). You could therefore say that IF (and that is a speculative IF) Anthem is to replace Indy, she will be homeported in Southampton for 6 months and Fort Lauderdale for 6 months.

Forgive me but this is a forum is it not? This is where we discuss speculation, as well as actual news.

Indy at the moment is based in the UK for 6 months and in the US for 6 months (a pretty even split). You could therefore say that IF (and that is a speculative IF) Anthem is to replace Indy, she will be homeported in Southampton for 6 months and Fort Lauderdale for 6 months.

Well Indy was UK based for quite awhile until they decided that the Open Air Solarium was not suited to Winter Cruises from the UK, who knows what may happen with Anthem.