Help please re booking on board

Turtles06

We've never booked a future cruise while on board, and are thinking about doing so on our upcoming cruise. (This would be a Reserved Passage, not Open.) I know the general subject has been discussed on here, and I've read many threads about booking on board, but I have two questions as to which I haven't been able to find the answer.

First, under the new (Aug. 26) rules for booking on board (set out in a form at the thread below), is it still the case that you get a 2-category upgrade within the specific cabin class (below Concierge)? Unless I missed it, the new form doesn't say anything about that, it only mentions reduced deposits and OBC (and combining with one other promo). Has anyone booked a Reserved Passage on board since Aug. 26 and been able to get that 2-category upgrade (for example, from one category of Veranda to a more expensive category of Veranda)?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903077&highlight=book+on+board

Second, in terms of a 2-category upgrade within the Veranda Class, if you want to book a 1A, which category are you asked to pay for? 1C? 2B? (I ask because on one of the cruises we are looking at, the Veranda prices from least to most expense run this way: 2D, 2C, 1C, 1B, 2B, 2C, A1. This is on an S-class ship.)

Thanks so much for the help!

Not sure if Uk people are different but we booked onboard in September for a future cruise. We did not get an upgrade in cabin type. We paid for an A1 and got an A1.

We did get the drinks package and some OBC.

Checking the price now we are back at home we paid £200 ($300) more than the cruise is now but have the drinks and the OBC which is not an offer to Uk people now.

First, under the new (Aug. 26) rules for booking on board (set out in a form at the thread below), is it still the case that you get a 2-category upgrade within the specific cabin class (below Concierge)? Unless I missed it, the new form doesn't say anything about that, it only mentions reduced deposits and OBC (and combining with one other promo). Has anyone booked a Reserved Passage on board since Aug. 26 and been able to get that 2-category upgrade (for example, from one category of Veranda to a more expensive category of Veranda)?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903077&highlight=book+on+board

Please see Posts #63 and #64--both dated 26 August--in the thread that you cited above...

Captain's Club members are eligible for a one category upgrade at booking but the offer is limited to bookings within Inside-to-Inside and Oceanview-to-Oceanview cabin categories only [no veranda/suite categories]... You'll find the details by reviewing the Captain's Club benefits section [they're the same for Classic, Select, and Elite members] at the Celebrity website...

Please see Posts #63 and #64--both dated 26 August--in the thread that you cited above...

Thank you so much for flagging that. It is definitely (as noted by those posters) a big takeaway from the benefits of booking a cruise on board.

Thanks again.

Celebrity never offered an upgrade on aqua or suites for on board bookings. The used to upgrade c3 to c1 but the stopped doing that over a year ago and they started only upgrade c3 to c2. They offered an on board credit based on the length of the booked cruise...or...you could pick a different perk such as 1-2-3. The obc was essentially the same as the stockholder credit which made that somewhat uninteresting to some of us. You also used to be able to transfer your reservation to a TA at any time in order to get TA offered perks..however now you can only do that within 60 days of making a booking. One benefit that hasn't changed is lower deposits, however suites do pay higher deposits.

You really have to see what offers they have and decide if there is value to you to book on board. We don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived