What can you tell me about the Gem?

loadedmini

Without knowing what you are nervous about, I recommend just going with the flow. You will have a good time.

Check out the children's programs upon boarding. There should be information in the daily schedule that you receive. The daily schedule will give you a list of activities, shows, dining options and dining hours. There is usually a separate activity list for the children's program.

Hi there.

I would read the reviews on this NCL board (do a search) and the member reviews section on CC as well. You can look at youtube video clips of the ship too.

It's a great ship and I've been on it several times. In fact, you're boarding the day I'm getting off it! I'll keep it in good shape for you ;)

My favorite places are the Spinnaker Lounge and The Great Outdoors. Outdoor bbqs poolside are awesome.

Have fun!

I am currently on the Gem. It has been a great trip. The ship is in great shape. They have actually painted the main pool this week while we were in port. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. Food has been good. We have eaten in the Magenta dining room on a couple of nights and have been very pleased.

I am currently on the Gem. It has been a great trip. The ship is in great shape. They have actually painted the main pool this week while we were in port. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. Food has been good. We have eaten in the Magenta dining room on a couple of nights and have been very pleased.

Is the group Kenosis still aboard the Gem?

The Gem is my favorite ship! Please take a look at my review with photos here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1784338

My family is booked on the Gem for Sept of 2014 for a New England/Canada cruise. We are very excited since this will our first NCL cruise and the first time to this destination. I have seen some video's on youtube and she looks so cheery and colorful. Looking forward to our trip.:D

The Gem is my favorite ship! Please take a look at my review with photos here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1784338

Kudos to you, what a great review and wonderful pictures and video. I've been totally mesmerized by this fabulous review.

You're not a writer are you? You have great story-telling ability and I absolutely loved the part about paying the DSC for those 4 extra days.

Thank you for such a realistic review. It seems like we may have to try driving

down to NYC after all. :D

PS And yes, you and your lovely wife make a wonderful couple.

All the best in whatever you do.

First time cruiser you say? The best tip i got was to bring a "over the door shoe holder". You hang it up on the inside of bathroom door and you have 16 new storage spaces for all your needs. We use it to hold toothpaste, sunscreen, electric toothbrushes, etc, etc...

I love the gem! There is a lot of good entertainment for your kids. The Gem is a nickelodeon ship so they should have all the nick stuff going on for the younger ones, the teens club is pretty cool too for your 13 y/o to meet other teens.

My family is booked on the Gem for Sept of 2014 for a New England/Canada cruise. We are very excited since this will our first NCL cruise and the first time to this destination. I have seen some video's on youtube and she looks so cheery and colorful. Looking forward to our trip.:D

Have a great cruise! :)

Kudos to you, what a great review and wonderful pictures and video. I've been totally mesmerized by this fabulous review.

You're not a writer are you? You have great story-telling ability and I absolutely loved the part about paying the DSC for those 4 extra days.

Thank you for such a realistic review. It seems like we may have to try driving

down to NYC after all. :D

PS And yes, you and your lovely wife make a wonderful couple.

All the best in whatever you do.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm not a writer but I'm glad you enjoyed the review. :)

Big screen movie shown on Sea Day afternoons in the altrium lobby, comfortable cushioned chairs (get there early for best seating) - free coffee at the nearby "bar" with cookies (it was then, at least for us) and snacks right up the staircase on deck 8 - especially when it's chilly outdoor - and, of course, great spot for "people watching"

The Gem is fast & solidly built to handle it rough, never thought we would be running down the coast last year doing 25 knots to get out of harm's way with a Nor'easter barrelling toward NY less than a week after Hurricane Sandy - not to mention great piloting & navigation by the Captain & a great crew.

Archived