I've heard mixed reviews on if the upsell fairy still takes calls? Yes or No?

cruisecritiquer

.......I called (after hours) and left a voice mail. We'll see......

Let me know what happens. I used to have the upsell number, but who knows where I may have it. May be written somewhere. I know if you call the reservation #, you get quoted the current rate.

My past upsells were from NCL, not me generating a call. And because of my first upsell I am addicted to the Penthouses & perks. As they say you never go back.

I agree that the sailing is not full. However, I did ask the pre-cruise concierge about number of cruisers because it seem like there are a lot of cabins available. But I was told the ship has good bookings - go figure.

They are offering a KSF promotion to try and fill our ship. :(

It's not looking good for the Suite Team. LOL

They are offering a KSF promotion to try and fill our ship. :(

It's not looking good for the Suite Team. LOL

Yes, but, the number of suites available still, holy... seems like quite a few and you sail in 11 days.. wow.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and toes and eyes too) , you just never know... that little devil, the upgrade fairly flits around pretty quick sometimes... or so I've heard.

I called Saturday, originally booked a inside and got a balcony(8193) for that price, was happy with that, then the price went down alot last week, called and got a family balcony(13285)for nothing, which I was super excited, then Saturday, they went down again, so I called, and asked about an upgrade and got a Mini Suite(handicap) 8189 for and extra $300 total, so I think I got a great deal, you let me know, I have never been on the Epic or NCL for that matter, and am a heavy set woman, and the bathroom situation just worried me, if I would fit in the restrooms, I know Im being silly, but you know how things go thru your head.

Our November 16th Epic sailing is by no means sold out either.

Crossing fingers for a call from the fairy:D

LOL, we might get no call and just end up with a million more kids courtesy of the Kids Sail Free fairy.

I've been doing this for quite awhile and I've NEVER seen NCL offer a KSF promotion on cruises for current sailings. I'm flabbergasted! The only thing that may help is the glitch that you can't actually book the KSF online. I wonder when they will fix it. You can't book anything online with 3 people (that has an attached KSF promotion) ;)

LOL, we might get no call and just end up with a million more kids courtesy of the Kids Sail Free fairy.

I've been doing this for quite awhile and I've NEVER seen NCL offer a KSF promotion on cruises for current sailings. I'm flabbergasted! The only thing that may help is the glitch that you can't actually book the KSF online. I wonder when they will fix it. You can't book anything online with 3 people (that has an attached KSF promotion) ;)

Wow - interesting. Not sure how many KSF folks there will be. School is in session :) That said, I have taken my kids out of school for a cruise, so ya never know!

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to get a call :)

Happy sailing!

There was a priced drop recently and I called our TA who called NCL with this info, so we got upgraded ($0) two categories due to the price change.

I asked about upselling us to SF but they wanted the same amount showing on the website.

We are leaving in 4 days for our 14 night Caribbean cruise on the dawn and got the upsell call today to upgrade from a minisuite to deluxe owners suite for nothing. The deluxe owners suite doesn't have a balcony though so we are not interested.

We are leaving in 4 days for our 14 night Caribbean cruise on the dawn and got the upsell call today to upgrade from a minisuite to deluxe owners suite for nothing. The deluxe owners suite doesn't have a balcony though so we are not interested.

I think I just passed out after reading this.

*faints* smiley-vault-misc-075.gif

I know it sounds crazy but we love to spend our spare time sitting out on the balcony away from everyone else having our coffee in the morning, cocktails in the evening and watching and yelling to the pier runners. Sometimes on a cruise you need to get away from the noise etc.

I know it sounds crazy but we love to spend our spare time sitting out on the balcony away from everyone else having our coffee in the morning, cocktails in the evening and watching and yelling to the pier runners. Sometimes on a cruise you need to get away from the noise etc.

I hear you I would not of done it either we spend too much time on our balcony playing cards, having a few drinks etc to give it up.

Not crazy at all... We've never booked a cabin without a balcony. We've never booked anything other than a mini-suite actually. I just was stunned the fairy's phone was working..not that you declined the upsell. ;)

I hear you I would not of done it either we spend too much time on our balcony playing cards, having a few drinks etc to give it up.

Having been inside that DOS several times....I couldn't have passed up the 3 liters of free booze and the awesome views!

I don't see the Dawn sailing in 4 days, guess it would be three now? I see her sailing in about 9 or 10 days on the relocation cruise, is this the one? Those suites are the best we've ever sailed in and will do it again every time one is available. I would have jumped on it!!!

Archived