Which dock? Jewel in St Kitts

From all my research it seems that Jewel can dock in one of two places in Basseterre ST Kitts:

1- At the main pier in Basseterre

2-At a pier 2.5 miles from town

The CC port info talks about Port Zante being a 15 minute "stroll"- is this where Jewel docks?

Can anyone who has recently sailed to St K on Jewel tell me which pier they used? We are hoping to meet a friend who lives there in Basseterre after a tour, but if the ship is 2.5 miles from town; we will need to leave more time to get back into town after being dropped off from the tour. I've done a search and read reviews, but have not seen specific mentions of where Jewel docks in St K.

Anyone remember?

When we stopped there on Brilliance last year it was right in town, definitely not 2-3 miles away. Jewel has replaced Brilliance so I guess odds are it should dock in the same place.

Thanks!

That was my thought too, the ships are the same size and PZ was built for the "big" ships and Jewel and brilliance are the "smaller" ones, so I am hopeful it is docking in town. That will certainly make it easier to meet our friend. He's a fashion photog who lives on Nevis, but folks there go to ST K frequently for all kinds of business, so we are hopeful we can work out a visit! Hopefully, some recent Jewel cruisers will know.

We have always docked at the main pier in town. They have built a nice shopping area for cruisers - when you exit through the back of the port area - you are right in town at the circus.

port-zante-st-kitts-and-nevis-st-kitts-and-nevis+1152_12997312266-tpfil02aw-20769.jpg

Thanks for the picture...this is where I remember docking when we went to St K 20 years ago, but the buildings are all new! Recently we have taken so many large ships and been out in left field when arriving in port. SO for this trip I am really hoping all the docks are very near the town to make it easier to do an excursion and still have time to explore the port area a bit too!

OP, if your friend lives on Nevis, and you have time, if I were you, that's where I'd go. My favorite place in the world! :D Ask your friend if he knows Lennox. He runs the catamaran out of Qualie Beach.

I would love to go to Nevis! It's still a possibility, depending on his schedule we might spend the day and cancel our excursion, but it's a "work day" :p for everyone else, so it depends on what works for him! I'll ask about lennox, I'll bet he does- it's a small place...one where he knows the PM personally!:D

From all my research it seems that Jewel can dock in one of two places in Basseterre ST Kitts:

1- At the main pier in Basseterre

2-At a pier 2.5 miles from town

The CC port info talks about Port Zante being a 15 minute "stroll"- is this where Jewel docks?

Can anyone who has recently sailed to St K on Jewel tell me which pier they used? We are hoping to meet a friend who lives there in Basseterre after a tour, but if the ship is 2.5 miles from town; we will need to leave more time to get back into town after being dropped off from the tour. I've done a search and read reviews, but have not seen specific mentions of where Jewel docks in St K.

Anyone remember?

The container port is sometimes used for cruise ships when there are more than two cruises scheduled to arrive in St Kitts on the same day.

The container port is sometimes used for cruise ships when there are more than two cruises scheduled to arrive in St Kitts on the same day.

I think the OP's cruise on Jewel will be in St. Kitts the same day that we are (on Indy) and right now, there's only those two ships scheduled in port. :)

Is Indy on a TA back to FL? This isnt a normal port for Indy is it?

Indy is not on the TA yet. She is on a 12 day cruise to the Canary Islands from Southampton.

When we did an 8 day cruise on Indy last December, one of the stops was St. Kitts.

Archived