Emerald

bling19572010

You will enjoy the Emerald Princess I am sure!

I like the number of pools (they seem to be everywhere) and the way the sun deck is broken up into lots of separate spaces. The Emerald and her sisters are great ships to sail warmer waters.

My favourite ship is the Sapphire- but only because she offers one extra benefit of a retractable cover over one pool :)

Anybody had a cabin under the lotus spa area and sun deck/pool?

Yes, and we've booked another for next September on the Emerald....we are on Lido right below the Lotus Spa front desk. Have stayed in this location before, no real problems....might hear the stylists a bit in the morning if they are rolling a cart, but never too early or too late...it's a great location close to the Lotus pool and sauna! :p

I recently Sailed On Emerald Princess. There were definitely some things she had right. Overall ship temperature (I was never too hot or too cold, no big variances) The internet was the best on any ship I had been on, fair enough speed and no down time, Good laundry service, The International Cafe is a winner, A good captain, Nick Nash (and he is a comedian too, LOL) Now, the meh ... the food in general with the exception of the fresh fruits (they were great!) The dining room routine was slow, too much lag time. And the not so good ...The overcrowdedness!!!! Just too many people aboard. Elevators a real problem (I never once in 16 days was able to get an elevator to the dining room) At disembarkation, it took 12 minutes to wait for elevator that was not full. Having to stand up or not be able to get into a show. The show venues not in proportion to the passenger load so many people missed out. The scheduling of shows of activities was just off for me. Especially the MUTS movie times, and just kinda lackluster activities in general. CD not too great and deputy was awful (deputy has gone off the ship, the CD was new that cruise, so he will be on for a while)

I still say it was a good cruise overall, the Emerald is a really nice ship

The sanctuary looked nice with both shade and some open areas for sun, although in 16 days we had 1 and 1/2 with any sun :mad: They actually drained the pools and hot tubs and only 2 hot tubs were ever refilled

Anybody had a cabin under the lotus spa area and sun deck/pool?

Yes.. and at night you could hear the chairs move.. a bit annoying but we got use to it. I prefer cabins with cabins above and not the pool deck

see you on board...

This is our 3rd time on Emerald.. I guess you could say we like her:p

CC

Archived