Refund for recent Royal Med cruise

nutty nurse gladys

We were on the recent (September 15th) Med cruise on the unfortunate Royal which saw us cutting short our vacation and returning home after just a week when the power was lost and the cruise was cut short.

My question is - a month on has anyone actually received the promised refund from Princess that was promised. Despite many e mails and visits to our travel agents we have been unable to gain any refund either of the cruise or the out of pocket expenses from the long journey home (taxi fares etc when flown to airport 2 hours from where our cars were parked).

We have had acknowledgement that we will be contacted "shortly" but nothing more, so wondered how other passengers have fared.

The credit for the cruise was posted on our Visa about five days after we returned home. We received a call from a Princess representative and they sent me an email with the forms to file for a refund of additional expenses. I sent the form and receipts on October 10. Princess called On October 15 and told me the amount they would be refunding. We should receive our check in about two weeks. The future cruise credit 25% has been applied to our Princess account. Our travel agent also followed up to see if she could help but Princess had already handled our refund. We are very pleased with Princess!

We were on the recent (September 15th) Med cruise on the unfortunate Royal which saw us cutting short our vacation and returning home after just a week when the power was lost and the cruise was cut short.

My question is - a month on has anyone actually received the promised refund from Princess that was promised. Despite many e mails and visits to our travel agents we have been unable to gain any refund either of the cruise or the out of pocket expenses from the long journey home (taxi fares etc when flown to airport 2 hours from where our cars were parked).

We have had acknowledgement that we will be contacted "shortly" but nothing more, so wondered how other passengers have fared.

I am sorry it is taking so long. It sounds like you just need to get the right person on the phone, so I would just keep calling them until you get someone who can help you! Good luck.

Many thanks for all your comments. It would appear that Princess in USA is handling everything and I do feel we are somewhat disadvantaged in the UK - not sure where Capitano1 is from?

We will keep on at them, and yes we are e mailing and phoning but always get the same answer - we are one of many!

Our cruise credit towards any next booking appeared on our account within days but unfortunately the same cannot be said for the refund or out of pocket expenses. We will let you know:) as and when we progress.

We hadthe same experience as Capitano 1. We were credited for the entire amount of the cruise within days of returning home. Our out of pocket expenses were approved and we await payment. We were called and contacted numerous times by Princess reps. They couldn't have been nicer. Our future cruise credit was already posted and we booked another cruise already! Back on thr Royal in December! We are pleased.

Yes we were on this cruise and again from what the travel agent is telling us that if you book direct with Princess refund was credited quite quickly but

no sign of any refund to them, its if the travel agent does not want upset Princess re- contacting them. Then again why use a travel agent !!:(

Archived