Health questioneer

jackson bernard

I know I would.

You would think the lines would be a bit more lenient, cause the damage is so much worse than a refund.

Only thing the ship loses is some number of drinks that sick people wont order.

Bet most people would go to DR get some pills and go cruising.

The doubting Thomas's of the world. 'Can you prove they will deny boarding"

That is like telling the Captain of the Titanic, 'I ain't movin' till you prove to me this ship is sinking'

Read the contract you sign! They can deny boarding!!!!

Only thing the ship loses is some number of drinks that sick people wont order.

Bet most people would go to DR get some pills and go cruising.

The cruise line lost a lot more than that on one of the cruises I was on a couple of years ago.

Noro spread and our cruise was canceled after 5 days.

They refunded our entire cruise cost, gave us money off our next cruise and bought us airfare home.

Bill

The doubting Thomas's of the world. 'Can you prove they will deny boarding"

That is like telling the Captain of the Titanic, 'I ain't movin' till you prove to me this ship is sinking'

Read the contract you sign! They can deny boarding!!!!

That wasn't the question

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

It would be interesting to know if anyone has any first hand knowledge of what really happens. There is plenty of things in the contract that the cruiseline can do but dont.

I don't have first hand knowledge - but - I am thinking if you show up and say yes you are sick - they are going to either send the dr or the nurse down to examine you. If you are found to be sick - you will be denied boarding without a refund. If you are found to be OK to board - you will need to get on the ship as scheduled.

What is your purpose to this thread? Are you just naturally curious or are you afraid you will be sick and be denied board and loose your money or do you need to cancel and you don't have insurance. So far, I am not sure what the purpose is.

I don't have first hand knowledge - but - I am thinking if you show up and say yes you are sick - they are going to either send the dr or the nurse down to examine you. If you are found to be sick - you will be denied boarding without a refund. If you are found to be OK to board - you will need to get on the ship as scheduled.

What is your purpose to this thread? Are you just naturally curious or are you afraid you will be sick and be denied board and loose your money or do you need to cancel and you don't have insurance. So far, I am not sure what the purpose is.

Just curious of what really happens. To automatically deny boarding to people with stomach aches or a fever without compensation makes no sense. If in fact they do that and it seems nobody knows for sure, then they should expect people to lie to the health questions. I know I would lie if I had a stomach ache or the runs and risked denied boarding.

The cruise line lost a lot more than that on one of the cruises I was on a couple of years ago.

Noro spread and our cruise was canceled after 5 days.

They refunded our entire cruise cost, gave us money off our next cruise and bought us airfare home.

Bill

Oops I stand corrected. Didnt realize that had happened. Thanks for sharing that.

Nope. And this is the main reason people get sick on the ship. People embark anyway knowing they are sick, and won't give up their $$$$..

What a ridiculous post. How can you possibly know whether or not individuals who happen to have a communicable disease when they board know they are sick or do not know - especially with the wide variety of incubation periods for various illnesses? Or that this is the main reason other passengers get sick?

This is dangerous for people with autoimmune diseases who have a harder time when they get sick. Just sayin...

On this I completely agree.

Also people with compromised immune systems (for example, many on chemo).

Archived