Phy My Shuttle from port to pick up Taxi?

Princess Jessie

I can't answer specific for HAL, but if they are like Princess (which I was just on in August), then the answer would be no.

It's a long walk, but not so long you couldn't do it if you had to. It's not really recommended though. You're in a complete container port with tons of big rigs with containers loaded on them driving through the parking lot area trying to load or unload their goods. And there is no clear marked path to walk. But the walk isn't that long. I saw people running from their taxi outside the port area (because the taxi couldn't come in) to the ship after they arrived 15 minutes past all aboard time. I'd say, you could walk the distance in about 7 - 10 minutes.

Be forewarned though, when we left the port - and I was on a private tour and was the first group to leave the port area - I saw all of 3 taxi's there waiting outside the port for passengers.

I really wouldn't suggest you rely on taxi's to take you into HCMC or Vung Tau. Best to book with a private tour guide, or if you must the ship's tours or the ship's HCMC on your own tour.

I've read that where the ship's dock in Phy My, it is a long walk from the ship to the street where the taxis wait.

We will be on the HAL Volendam arriving Dec 29 2013 ...

Do HAL provide a shuttle?

The walk from ship to Phu My port gate isn't long at all...5-10 minutes along the left when you disembark. Lots of prebooked vehicles were outside the gate along the road and also some taxis when we were there recently however I don't know that you can regularly count on taxis being there. The port is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. There were some free port shuttles driving back and forth to the gate from ship but not sure whether they are there all the time...they were not put on by our ship, Voyager.

Archived