NCL kids club and allergies

Sparkygirl

This is the first time we are considering leaving DD in the kids club. She has a severe Latex allergy. How are the kids clubs with allergies? Can we leave her epi-pen? Do they do balloon animals or anything like that? She will be in the turtles group (3-5 yr olds). Do I contact the special needs department before we sail or wait until we are on board?

I was on breakaway this year and they used balloons with the kids. I would contact NCL by email before you get on this ship. I can only say my son is allergic to carrots, they don't serve food (unless you pay for the kids to eat with the staff on port days) they do projects with organic/food based paints Etc so the first day I took kids to meet the staff and they take a photo and info about the kids, in the computer they noted the allergies and then went and got a list of everything the paints Etc are made with to make sure my kids would be safe. We had an epi pen for my son and kept

It in the book bag I carry around with him and a spare we kept

In the cabin for emergency but he was too you g to be left at frop off camp so dont know how they handle oeeping the meds BUT if its possible to leave it with

The staff you would either need to have a second one for you to keep or factor in time to get it back every time you leave. I did contact ncl before we sailed and they had me send an email stating that I will carry an epi pen and inhalers/breathing treatments etc (other stuff my son needed). All the staff were great with my children all week!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I also forgot to add my DD has an allergy but its not sever and we don't have an epi for her(long story) and she did stay in the kids club, I am 80 percent

Sure she had an extra wrist band or the color was different to show she had an allergy so it was visible to all the staff at a glance. One night they had a "party" and had balloons decorating the area and also on the first day, I also want to say they made a balloon hat if I remember right? And they also did face painting-don't know if it was allergy free?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived