What about Blue Iguana Cantina?

JawjaFatBoy

I also enjoyed the breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana Cantina on the Glory. I didn't even pay attention to the "fake" eggs. On the other hand I only had 1 Guy's burger during the entire 7 day cruise. Once was enough. I'll give them another try on my next cruise but as much as I love a good burger, I just wasn't too impressed to justify the calories.

I don't see why not as long as they are sealed. This is my main pet peeve, why in the world would they have all of these wonderful toppings and NO CHIPS!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I know, why have all of those salsas and no chips???

We get some fantastic tortilla chips at Sam's. May have to put a bag into the carry on in December!!:D

I never had it for lunch, I kept going to Guys, but it was great for the breakfast burritos. I had it with chicken sausage, no eggs. There was never a line, it was quick, and there was almost always a table nearby with coffee and juice. The corn arepas at breakfast were great. I thought it was a great choice for breakfast.

10492413736_9bd32cecdd.jpg

image by alrichards4003, on Flickr

I'm going add my two cents to this thread. We just got off the Glory yesterday and it was our first time cruising a 2.0 upgraded ship. I was so looking forward to the new food options at Guy's and the Blue Iguana.

I, also, was not at all impressed with Guy's Burgers and had a half of one early on in the cruise. Very greasy and to me, not at all worth the calories. Later in the week I thought I'd again try one again and only finished half. It's just not worth it. Not impressed. And, I also don't care for the Guy's fries. However, DH thought the fries were pretty good, but he also wasn't impressed with the burger and only had one on the first day.

The Blue Iguana, on the other hand, was very good. LOVED the fish tacos that we toppped with watermelon and jimaca salsa. So good. Very impressed. Also, the huevos rancheros for breakfast were great IMO. Had fish tacos several times last week.

I really was looking forward to these two new food venues, but I seriously wouldn't care if my next Carnival cruise had them or not.

I don't see why not as long as they are sealed. This is my main pet peeve, why in the world would they have all of these wonderful toppings and NO CHIPS!!!:eek::eek::eek:

My guess would be cost. If they put out chips people would pile bowls full of salsa and chips and many wouldnt eat it all.

The way they have it now people use the toppings sparingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't have my kiddo on this trip so I drank more and my memory is a little cloudy :o but the burritos were really good. For breakfast they have a choice of Mexican eggs (egg/onion/tomato, I think) and regular egg that you can mix with potatoes or sausage and few other items. I always did the egg/potato/cheese and then would head over to the salsa bar for the habanero salsa. Definitely try that if you get a chance, good kick and great flavor. I did lunch once and they had like steak and chicken with lettuce/rice and some other choices. Also very good. I loved the Blue Iguana and Guys burgers so much that I never went to the buffet this trip - not once. A first for me in 14 cruises.

I keep reading review after review talking about Guy's Burgers and while they definitely have me jonesing for a loaded Pig Patty, I'm curious about the Blue Iguana.

So how about it? To those who have been on ships that have it, especially the Liberty since we will be on it in December, how was it? Is it just tacos and burritos? What kind of toppings are on the bar? Inquiring minds want to know!:D

Thanks in advance for any info!!

Folks, if you go to Carnival's website, click on "explore" and "dining" you can find which eateries and bars are on which ships. Just click on the place of interest and a window will pop up which describes it and lists the ships. There are also links to menus.

This way, people don't need to ask about every single ship in the fleet. Alternatively, if one looks at the deck plans of any given ship, one can see the bars & restaurants and their location.

FTR, Fantasy-class ships do NOT have any of the 2.0 additions (at least not currently). I'm perfectly happy with a made-to-order omelet for breakfast and a turkey & swiss from the deli for lunch. Oh, and a fantastic hot dog and fries for my afternoon snack on Fantasy-class ships.

I'll find out in about a week whether I think these "new" venues are all that great.