Check your bill for on-board credit!

sailingnut

AND I always take a printed verification of my OBC. I do not use a TA so that may be an issue as well.

My PCC sends me confirmation from NCL verifying the OBC. I do agree though that you need to check but without some time of verification, that becomes an issue of whether or not you actually have it coming or it was a misunderstanding. . .

AND I always take a printed verification of my OBC. I do not use a TA so that may be an issue as well.

My PCC sends me confirmation from NCL verifying the OBC. I do agree though that you need to check but without some time of verification, that becomes an issue of whether or not you actually have it coming or it was a misunderstanding. . .

This is a VERY good tip. Always take documentation. Within a few weeks of your cruise, obtain an "Amenity Confirmation" from NCL. Print it and take it with you. Then check your on-board account on the second day of your cruise. If all the OBC isn't there, show them the Confirmation and they can typically remedy the situation quickly.

Yep me too. I always bring verification and check my bill daily on the tv

I take it a step further too. I email all I am dealing with and reconfirm everything. For my ta that would mean reconfirming my bottle of wine. My. OBc and anything else pertinent

There are just too many mistakes these days

I usually check the tv in the cabin to make sure the OBC shows and it always does by the second day of the cruise. If it didn't show, I'd be at Guest Services promptly! :) And yes I take the confirmation from my TA but haven't needed to show it.

Take the documents but be ready to deal with issues post cruise. On board our Sky cruise the billing did not show either our obc or the pre-paid DSC. It did not matter that I had a print out, their computer said it wasn't there and that was it. I was told my only option (by a supervisor) was to call NCL after I returned home. I did and got a check several weeks later. We may have been a one off but the printed "proof" meant nothing.

This happened to us last week. Was my first cruise I didn't know that it was suppose to already be in there? When I checked my account on Thursday and told the employee that my OBC was not showing up, she said that I didn't have any and it was too late to put in a request to corporate and for me to call when I get back home.

We were originally scheduled for the week of thanksgiving but changed to the first sailing out of NOLA. The confirmation for thanksgiving mentions the OBC but the new one for last week does not. When changing the date, the rep assured me that I would have the same amount of OBC. Guess I should have looked over my new confirmation! I haven't called yet.

Take the documents but be ready to deal with issues post cruise. On board our Sky cruise the billing did not show either our obc or the pre-paid DSC. It did not matter that I had a print out, their computer said it wasn't there and that was it. I was told my only option (by a supervisor) was to call NCL after I returned home. I did and got a check several weeks later. We may have been a one off but the printed "proof" meant nothing.

We had a problem with the pre-paid gratuities. Too, our printed invoice did not mean much. Guest sevices did contact NCL head quarters and looked into it and did fix the situation. But only because we showed the invoice. They did not honor the invoice, but it did lead them to investigate.

Jon

Our obc started ahowing up on the second day, randomly. One minute it'd show a $50 credit, a few hours later another $100 credit...and so on. Luckily it al showed up by the end of the second day on our account.

It's really nice of your TA to send you a check for the difference I would have thought they would just say "sorry" and do nothing about it!

I just checked my bill and was only credited for $25.00 on-board credit instead of the $100.00~~I called my TA and she said to fax the bill to her~~yes I am getting $75.00 check in the mail~~did not give it to me on my cruise! Beware!:)

Glad you caught it: We always check our bill a couple of times before we disembark. it is easier that hassling with an error after the fact.

I always check my bill with a fine tooth comb. But also look for charges that are not yours. Once my bill had two orders of alcohol from two different days by a server that was not even ours in the dining room. One of those days we were not even there. $179. for one and $128. for the other. It was taken care rather quickly when guest services saw that he was not our waiter. That server said that he transposed two numbers on the cabin. I'm sure he got his wrists smacked after we left. Doing it once can happen to anyone, but twice - come on! Why do they even bother swiping your cruise pass card if they charge you by writing down the cabin number. Anyway, since it was taken care of quickly, I left happy with the service.

This is a VERY good tip. Always take documentation. Within a few weeks of your cruise, obtain an "Amenity Confirmation" from NCL. Print it and take it with you. Then check your on-board account on the second day of your cruise. If all the OBC isn't there, show them the Confirmation and they can typically remedy the situation quickly.

Thanks. I could not remember the term "Amenity Confirmation". I've actually used my printout and it helped clear the matter up quickly. I suppose there are always exceptions to our experiences.

In January, I had a card left in my cabin indicating the amount of OBC and I should take the card to the front desk. That was a first for me so when I took it downstairs, it was already on my account.

Luckily, I've had few issues with NCL and the one's I've had were small issues taken care of quickly. I hope the trend continues as I leave Wed.

Archived