Brief review of Sorrento with photos

yokeagan

This is my brief review of Sorrento with photos. Just for an FYI we did the NCL tour of Pompeii, Sorrento, and Capri. I've reviewed the Capri portion Separately and will do the same with the Pompeii section. Who: myself, my husband and our 15 year old son.

Our tour started with Pompeii followed by a beautiful drive down the Amalfi coast. Our bus driver pulled over for a quick photo stop.

19710516_3210_edited-1.jpg

19700203_3207_edited-1.jpg

19760509_3224.jpg

19760509_3233_edited-1.jpg

Edited by yokeagan

The views were stunning and we couldn't have had more beautiful weather! Upon arrival in Sorrento we walked a few blocks to where we would be having lunch. The lunch was very good and was included in the tour. Following lunch we all walked over to a woodworking shop for a demonstration of woodworking before we were turned loose for some free time. I have to say, this is where I really liked our guide Lucca. It's in his contract to take us for the demonstrations, but he makes sure that they are brief and that there's no hard sell. We had about an hour to explore on our own. Sorrento is a beautiful little town with some great shops. I would like to come back here and explore some more. Here are a few photos I took while wondering around.

19700203_3241_edited-1.jpg

20130621_3236_edited-1.jpg

19760509_3240_edited-1.jpg

19700203_3251_edited-1.jpg

19700203_3266_edited-1.jpg

19760509_3245_edited-1.jpg

Edited by yokeagan

When our hour of free time was up, we met up with our group to walk down to the pier where we would meet the jet foil that would take us over to Capri. You walk down a lot of steep stairs and then down a small road to get down to the dock. Once at the dock the views are stunning! Here are a few photos I took of the stairway and the dock.

19700203_3272_edited-1.jpg

19760509_3276_edited-1.jpg

19700203_3274_edited-1.jpg

19700203_3275_edited-1.jpg

19700203_3289_edited-1.jpg

Edited by yokeagan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Lovely photos!

We were in Sorrento on October 9 and loved it...did a tour of the Amalfi Coast with www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com of Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, and Sorrento...the favorite of our 21 day cruise!

Can you post information on the tour that you took? I don't see anything on the list that includes Ravello, Positano and Sorrento.

Thanks!