20lb. mark hit!

luckychef

Feeling thrilled:D Just got off the scale & I am officially down 20lbs. I still have 20-30 to go to my healthy goal weight, but knew that wouldn't be possible before my cruise. It's in 3 wks and my goal was to lose 20 by cruise time! With 3 more wks to go, I may be sailing 25 lbs lighter :) In my mid 30's and after gaining 40lbs over the last year or so, I thought I had tried everything! Until I went low carb, it was an uphill battle. Now in the last 7 wks, I have not only lost weight but feel so much better. No processed sugar, no bread, pasta, or rice. I get the carbs I do consume from dairy, fruits, & veg. I eat healthy lean protein & healthy fats. That combined with 30-60 mins of exercise 5x a wk, which isn't always easy to fit in with my 60 hr work wks.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations. That's a big achievement. I'm also wanting to lose some and am also going low carb. I have the occasional day when I cheat but I'm planning to buckle down. I did it a few years ago and lost about 20 pounds effortlessly but gradually started gaining it back when I went back to old and worse eating habits combined with stress of an ill parent and work.

I do find that since I'm mid 50s now the weight doesn't come off as easily but I'm determined to look good for our cruises that we have coming up.