Would you pay $585 extra for concierge?

gordylad

For me it would depend on which ship is it for and how much I needed that extra cruise point. S class concierge cabin and balcony are the same size as regular balconiy cabins. M class and Century are larger although on the latter ship only the inside is slightly larger.;)

Depends on the ship - We loved the larger room and balcony on the M-Class. We also like the extra cruise point. Is the $585 per person or total? If $585 is total and M-Class ship - then yes, I would.

Agree, if it's M Class and it's $585 total then yes.

If it's $585 per person than NO, not even on M Class.

Not me; I do not find much value in the Concierge Class perks; perhaps I'd pay that much for Aqua Class over a standard balcony on a cruise that length (if it is total and not per/person), but definitely not for Concierge Class.

In my opinion, NO, the financial benefits of elite status will save you about $300 on a two week cruise. The extra cost would amount to what you save for two cruises. One more point might help you get there one cruise faster, but not two.

We had to make that decision last month when I did the booking for our next month's Century Hawaii 15 night cruise. We didn't need the extra cruise point as we already have Capt's Club Elite status but I figured the extra cruise point would help get us to a higher status if X were to add one to the reported revised Capt's Club program that has been discussed on this forum.

A XC gty was $535 extra for both of us but the lower price option was an Y (OV) gty. The Y was even cheaper than the cheapest inside. We have a significantly better cabin with the C1 we were assigned for the XC. The Y gty would have likely gotten us a cat. 6, 7 or 8 on either deck 4 or 5 as there were many of these are available for selection. Now there are none of these categories open and the Y gty has increased in price as only cat 4 and 5 are available for selection. By the way the XC disappeared within a week.:D

What was the lower priced option? The assumption on this thread was it was a regular balcony. :confused:

Yes, if on an M-class ship mostly because of the larger rooms and balconies, and that extra cruise credit. We also enjoy the snacks in the afternoon, take full advantage of the pillow menu, and appreciate the extra flowers in our room.

On an S-class ship, if the price goes down significantly we will upgrade.

I paid about $20 per person (for three of us) on Reflection from least expensive unobstructed balcony to the least expensive concierge.

The extra cruise point will take me to Select, so I was all for it. I am cruising with two of my sisters (whom have never cruised before), and when they read the perks, they were all for it. To get even more value, I'm thinking about bringing my penny loafers for the free shoe shine!

In my opinion, NO, the financial benefits of elite status will save you about $300 on a two week cruise. The extra cost would amount to what you save for two cruises. One more point might help you get there one cruise faster, but not two.

I believe you are on the low side at $300 value for a two week cruise. Just two free drinks each for two at the nightly Elite Event would save more than that. Also the free 90 minutes internet saves $50 each.

Elite Member Benefits*

• • Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event
  • • Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items
  • • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***
  • • One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer
  • • Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item
  • • Complimentary 90 minute Internet package (can be applied towards a larger Internet package; some restrictions apply)
  • • Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (open daily except embarkation and the evening of the Senior Officers' Cocktail Party)
  • • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice, while the ship is in port)
  • • Priority embarkation while boarding the ship (where available)
  • • Invitation to a complimentary wine seminar event
  • • Priority status on the shore excursion waitlist
  • • Invitation to the exclusive Senior Officer's Cocktail Party
  • • Access to the private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast during disembarkation
  • • Priority tender service status
  • Priority waitlist status for dining room seating
  • • Invitation to attend the Elegant Tea Service event
  • • Complimentary use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises
  • • Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise
  • • A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise
  • Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise
  • Annual member Reunion Cruise with additional member events
  • • ‡One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available)
  • • Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information
  • • Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Level†

Select Member Benefits*

• • 25% off one Internet package (some exclusions apply)
  • • One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price of $20 during cruises of 12 nights or longer
  • • Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event onboard each Celebrity sailing
  • • Priority status for shore excursion waitlist
  • • A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise
  • • Annual member Reunion Cruise with additional member events
  • • ***One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available)
  • • Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information
  • • Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Platinum Level‡

I believe you are on the low side at $300 value for a two week cruise. Just two free drinks each for two at the nightly Elite Event would save more than that. Also the free 90 minutes internet saves $50 each.

Elite Member Benefits*

• • Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event
  • • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***
  • • One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer
  • • Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item
  • • Complimentary 90 minute Internet package (can be applied towards a larger Internet package; some restrictions apply)
  • • Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (open daily except embarkation and the evening of the Senior Officers' Cocktail Party)
  • • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice, while the ship is in port)
  • • Priority status on the shore excursion waitlist
  • • Access to the private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast during disembarkation
  • • Priority tender service status
  • Priority waitlist status for dining room seating
  • • Invitation to attend the Elegant Tea Service event
  • Annual member Reunion Cruise with additional member events
  • • ‡One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available)
  • • Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Level†

Select Member Benefits*

• • 25% off one Internet package (some exclusions apply)
  • • One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price of $20 during cruises of 12 nights or longer
  • • Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event onboard each Celebrity sailing
  • • Priority status for shore excursion waitlist
  • • Annual member Reunion Cruise with additional member events
  • • ***One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available)
  • • Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Platinum Level‡

I always go over our spending on liquor and other items and determined that we spent while elite

$200 less than normal on alcohol

$50 less on laundry

$50 less on internet

Reflection

The extra point would take us to elite

Were I in this situation and could comfortably afford it, then yes. Especially if it meant bumping up a level. If it meant having to trim the budget to make something else less-comfortable (i.e. having to skip a port excursion, having to drive to the port vs fly), then no.

I always go over our spending on liquor and other items and determined that we spent while elite

$200 less than normal on alcohol

$50 less on laundry

$50 less on internet

So you only have one alcoholic drink each at the Elite event or don't go and have your drinks at other bars or lounges during this event, use one internet package and less than half of the laundry/dry cleaning allowance when onboard for two weeks.

IMHO, that's not typical.:rolleyes:

Also there are some other Elite benefits that saves money.;)

Some of these posts are making my head spin :)

Concierge in and of itself is not worth the money, nor is Aqua in my opinion. Getting an extra point, however, might be worth it, but the price has to be really right. All DW and I really need is an unobstructed balcony. Fancy bathrobes and binoculars that don't help me see anything really are not worth the cost. We just listed for a cruise we really don't need to take (been there too many times already) because the XC cost is lower than the verandas. Couldn't resist that. Does that put us in the category of "I really didn't need a new dress, dear, but it was on sale and I saved us money." :)

Whats the differnce between the Captain's Club Reception and the Senior Officers Cocktail Party?

Captain's Club Celebration is for all Captain's Club members. They, at least on our recent cruises, are held during the afternoon of a sea day.

The CC Host(ess), Captain, and officers are there and they introduce the highest cruisers for that sailing. There is a limited menu of cocktails and some food stations and entertainment.

The Senior Officer's Cocktail party is in the evening for Select and Elite Members only. The Captain, CC Host(ess) and other senior officers are there. There are limited menu cocktails and hors'doeuvers. This is usually done in two seatings 5:15 - 6 PM for early seating, 7:45 - 8:30 PM for late seating.

Reflection

The extra point would take us to elite

My response to the initial post would be "never".

In our family the CC perks are worth $100 per cruise at best.

The double sailing credit is another matter.

We do love the Elite perks. The free laundry, computer minutes, and beverages make for a better cruise.

If you sail often it could be worth the $$ for you.

You can gamble and book the ( much cheaper) verandah now

then watch to see if the price drops and can upgrade to CC.

Archived