Can we get fresh fruit smoothies on board?

kitcrazy

Will be sailing on the Conquest later this week and curious to know if there is anywhere I can get a fresh fruit smoothie on board?

Asking because normally at home my breakfast is a fresh fruit smoothie with a shot of protein powder -- healthy, low-cal and a great way to start off my day ... so wondering if there is an alternative on board. If there was a way to get them to blend up some fresh fruit, I could take my own protein powder on board with me.

First time on a Carnival ship, so your experiences appreciated!

No. You may want to bring a bullet onboard and mix it up yourself. Or how about a protein shake and some fruit on the side?

Will be sailing on the Conquest later this week and curious to know if there is anywhere I can get a fresh fruit smoothie on board?

Asking because normally at home my breakfast is a fresh fruit smoothie with a shot of protein powder -- healthy, low-cal and a great way to start off my day ... so wondering if there is an alternative on board. If there was a way to get them to blend up some fresh fruit, I could take my own protein powder on board with me.

Are you seriously going to have a smoothie for breakfast while on a cruise with the plethora of food available already prepared for you? At home is one thing, being catered to on a ship is another. Now go on vacation.

We bring a hand held blender and make our own fruit smoothies. You can find all the ingredients at the breakfast buffet. We also take extra fruit, yogurt and such, put it in the frig in our room then later when we have been outside and are hot we make refreshing fruit smoothies in our room. Go for it and make them yourself!

Have a great cruise!

Are you seriously going to have a smoothie for breakfast while on a cruise with the plethora of food available already prepared for you? At home is one thing, being catered to on a ship is another. Now go on vacation.

I have to say that I really agree with you on this...I am a fitness instructor and have a protein shake / smoothy every day but NOT on a cruise :p

OP...I know you will probably bring a blendery thing ...but enjoy the food on board it's vacation :D

Thanks for the info everyone. I have a Magic Bullet that I travel with so it sounds like that might be the best option.

With regards to "pigging out" while being on vacation ... eating healthy is part of our lifestyle now. I love to eat, so I'm not going to deprive myself of the things I love (who doesn't love french fried potatoes! :)), but I also don't buy into the eat-all-you-can buffet anymore. Stuffing myself full because it's all-inclusive or because someone else cooked it isn't worth the lethargic bloated feeling that comes later. Plus I like to be active and feeling lethargic just gets in the way!

I get that different people go on vacation for different reasons, and I respect that. But for me it isn't just about the food -- I'd much rather be active and take in everything to do, both in port and on board. And I always feel soooo pepped up after my fresh fruit protein smoothie in the morning :)!

• Like 1

T

With regards to "pigging out" while being on vacation ... eating healthy is part of our lifestyle now. I love to eat, so I'm not going to deprive myself of the things I love (who doesn't love french fried potatoes! :)), but I also don't buy into the eat-all-you-can buffet anymore. Stuffing myself full because it's all-inclusive or because someone else cooked it isn't worth the lethargic bloated feeling that comes later. Plus I like to be active and feeling lethargic just gets in the way!

I realize this isn't the point of your thread, but I eat healthy, too, but that doesn't mean I 'pig out" or "stuff myself" at the buffet. I can still eat healthy. There's fruit and yogurt (just not blended together). There are temptations that I can resist, and others I enjoy as a treat. Yes, some people's idea of a vacation may be to gorge themselves, but my idea is that I have lots of options (i.e variety) without having to prepare it all myself, or clean up afterwards ;) That's all.

I realize this isn't the point of your thread, but I eat healthy, too, but that doesn't mean I 'pig out" or "stuff myself" at the buffet. I can still eat healthy. There's fruit and yogurt (just not blended together). There are temptations that I can resist, and others I enjoy as a treat. Yes, some people's idea of a vacation may be to gorge themselves, but my idea is that I have lots of options (i.e variety) without having to prepare it all myself, or clean up afterwards ;) That's all.

I didn't mean my post to sound like they need to pig out, but apparently (by the tone of the response) he/she took it that way. I too eat very healthy on a cruise, not pig out on Guy burgers and such. I have a magic bullet too, but it stays home.

I've seen the bartenders mixing their own fruit smoothies at the bars. I'll bet if you asked, they would make you one. It probably wouldn't hurt to bring some fruit from the buffet with you. I don't know how healthy their drink mixes are, but you could ask what they have. You might be able to order a virgin drink and have them throw your protein powder in. For example I know they use mango puree in their Kiss on the Lips drinks. You can get any frozen drink on their bar menu as a virgin drink for $4.75 I think.

I didn't mean my post to sound like they need to pig out, but apparently (by the tone of the response) he/she took it that way. I too eat very healthy on a cruise, not pig out on Guy burgers and such. I have a magic bullet too, but it stays home.

I think we were both taken the wrong way :o I don't pig out on a cruise (or anywhere for that matter) either but I do take the week to enjoy what's around me. I still eat plenty of fruit and veggies, but I add in a few pizza slices and ice cream cones to even everything out. I'm usually the first one in the gym every morning at 6 am just like at home, but there is something to be said for loosening up some of the rigidity that I live with the other 51 weeks a year :)

OP - certainly didn't mean to offend in anyway! Have a great cruise and enjoy your smoothies!!! :D

Oh no, kruisecat and RuthlessBoss, I most definitely was not offended, nor did I mean to come across as overly sensitive. I was just rambling out loud! The problem with the written word is that is does not show all the nuances that exist with the spoken word. So please, no offense taken and none meant.

After all this, I have been convinced by my dear spouse to not take the Magic Bullet as we will have to check then our bags. I forgot that the blade can't be carried on. So the Magic Bullet will stay at home, but I will likely take some protein powder with me ... just in case I can sweet-talk the bartender into blending it into one of my "drinks".

We depart tomorrow for our cruise to the Caribbean!

Oh no, kruisecat and RuthlessBoss, I most definitely was not offended, nor did I mean to come across as overly sensitive. I was just rambling out loud! The problem with the written word is that is does not show all the nuances that exist with the spoken word. So please, no offense taken and none meant.

After all this, I have been convinced by my dear spouse to not take the Magic Bullet as we will have to check then our bags. I forgot that the blade can't be carried on. So the Magic Bullet will stay at home, but I will likely take some protein powder with me ... just in case I can sweet-talk the bartender into blending it into one of my "drinks".

Great conclusion. Enjoy your cruise free of toting the bullet (which might be confiscated because it's an electrical appliance.)

Oh good! Take the protein powder - maybe you can create your own concoction and take home a new "recipe" :)

If you put a scoop of Vanilla ice cream (go dairy!) and 2 fresh raspberries (yay fruit!) on top of the chocolate melting cake, it becomes very healthy. Just try it and feel the pep!!

I like the way you think! In fact, I would substitute the raspberries with a scoop of chocolate ice cream and feel even more peppy! ;) :D

Thanks for the info everyone. I have a Magic Bullet that I travel with so it sounds like that might be the best option.

I get that different people go on vacation for different reasons, and I respect that. But for me it isn't just about the food -- I'd much rather be active and take in everything to do, both in port and on board. And I always feel soooo pepped up after my fresh fruit protein smoothie in the morning :)!

I totally agree with you. I have struggled with weight all my life and before each cruise I work hard to lose extra weight so I will feel good in my clothes. The beauty of a cruise ship is that along with all the pig-out food, there are healthy alternatives. Fish, fruit, salads. I have my dessert at night, but I don't need it after breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight snack! Enjoy your food choices and cruise!

I understand where kitcrazy is coming from. For the past almost 2 months, I have been making veggie smoothies using a Magic Bullet NutriBullet and my blood sugar is amazingly stable as a result (no hypoglycemic incidents). While there may be a plethora of food available, a lot of it is high in sugar and simple carbohydrates that make blood sugar levels fluctuate widely in susceptible people. I do not expect the cruise line to accommodate this need, but I will miss my kale smoothies and the stable blood sugar levels that come with drinking them. I will be bringing my own whole grain, unsweetened cold cereal with me and I'll eat a some hard boiled egg whites along side for the protein to ensure that I start off the day with a meal that will not lead to episodes of low blood sugar later on.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a old thread, but hoping the OP will reply and let me know if she had any luck getting her protein powder added to smoothie's etc.? I have just dropped 20 pounds by basically cutting out grains and starches. My acid reflux and stomach issues have gotten so much better so don't want all that to flare up eating cereal etc. for breakfast.

I understand where kitcrazy is coming from. For the past almost 2 months, I have been making veggie smoothies using a Magic Bullet NutriBullet and my blood sugar is amazingly stable as a result (no hypoglycemic incidents). While there may be a plethora of food available, a lot of it is high in sugar and simple carbohydrates that make blood sugar levels fluctuate widely in susceptible people. I do not expect the cruise line to accommodate this need, but I will miss my kale smoothies and the stable blood sugar levels that come with drinking them. I will be bringing my own whole grain, unsweetened cold cereal with me and I'll eat a some hard boiled egg whites along side for the protein to ensure that I start off the day with a meal that will not lead to episodes of low blood sugar later on.

First off good for you. We also do shakes and follow a back to basics eating.

Meaning no process what so ever. It really is interesting pretty much brings you back to childhood when you first got introduced to foods. The loss has been incredible. And the food you can eat is really what mother nature has given us. But remember the cruise lines will help you follow your diet restrictions.

I travel with a blender bottle and manually shake my shakes for the period of time I am away it works. They are about $9.00 and serves dual purpose after for my water bottel at that bar.

And just eat my greens.i have also gotten Kale chips on the boat..

I follow a no sugar no sodium when I travel and the rest is easy to pick and chose.

First off good for you. We also do shakes and follow a back to basics eating.

Meaning no process what so ever. It really is interesting pretty much brings you back to childhood when you first got introduced to foods. The loss has been incredible. And the food you can eat is really what mother nature has given us. But remember the cruise lines will help you follow your diet restrictions.

I travel with a blender bottle and manually shake my shakes for the period of time I am away it works. They are about $9.00 and serves dual purpose after for my water bottel at that bar.

And just eat my greens.i have also gotten Kale chips on the boat..

I follow a no sugar no sodium when I travel and the rest is easy to pick and chose.

Thanks! After struggling with trying to loose weight for the last 7 years and not being able to get below a certain # I read a article about giving up Sugar, grains, starches, cheese and dairy for two weeks. Finally the weight started to shed. It's been about 5 weeks and I have added a little dairy back like greek yogurt but really watching the grains and starches.I also use Coconut Milk when mixing my protein shakes. I am not a big breakfast food eater, except being from Tennessee originally I do love some biscuits and gravy!! LOL. Usually on the ship I'll have Special K, yogurt, fruit for breakfast but now I'm not even eating the boxed cereal so just trying to figure out a alternative for breakfast. I may look into the battery operated Magic Bullets. Just hate to lug the extra weight in my luggage these days.