Fox Sports International

hac82

Does anyone know if Fox Sports International is one of the channels on the ships. In particular, if not that channel, does anyone know if there is a channel on the ships that would carry the World Series?

We were just on Explorer out of New Jersey and there was only ESPN and ESPN2. We had Fox sports until we were about 1 hour out of NJ and then we lost that channel for the rest of the cruise. DH just sat in front of the tv and watched the scores scroll along the bottom to catch the Detroit Boston game:(

Hopefully, they can buy the satellite feed. I can see them doing it for the World Series.

My mother is currently on the Royal Princess transatlantic and they are out of satellite range so they missed last night's game. I woke up to an email this morning asking for details. Maybe once they get closer, Princess will buy the feed for them to watch too.

I expect the games will be shown. RCI seems to be able to stream programs over their internet connection for the onboard TV.

I saw this during a TA where a live news channel was always available, even where there was no satelite available.

I suppose that the best thing to do would be to talk to guest relations as soon as I get on board to see if they have the capacity to do this and if so, will they. The ship is leaving from Boston on Sunday and you can guess that there will be many Red Sox fans on board.

One way or the other, they tend to end up with the really big events. In 2008 we were on Monarch during the NBA finals between the Celtics and the Lakers. Monarch was sailing out of LA at the time so it was a big deal to many on board -- but it was not on one of the regular channels. Somehow they got it. They had one of the games on a big screen in Bolero. My son from Boston and I watched with hundreds of rabid Laker fans.

On the Allure last night (Wednesday) they had the first game on the tvs in the room on ESPN, and they showed it in the Aqua Theater. Every time the Red Sox did something good, there were lots of cheers!

There 100 people there and only very small number were Cardinals fans!

Archived