Soda Cards

golfnut1

Just returned from 10-day Alaskan cruise on Regal Princess and wanted to let everyone know that the price of soda cards is $3.95 per day (US$), whatever the length of your cruise. Then, the gratuity is automatically added at the time of purchase. So, my $39.50 card was actually $45.43, since I bought it while we were still in port (tax added!) The cup offered probably holds 6 oz. soda with ice, so I always got the large plastic tumbler from the bars. Held much more. The price is $3.95 whether you take the cup or not. Happy sailing, everyone:)

Hi all,

Yes, the price of the soda card has gone up dramatically. I am on a 14-day cruise right now and the price listed is $49.00 and that doesn't include the 15% bar tip. Needless to say, I didn't go for the soda card this time and will be sticking to water and probably getting soda and bringing it back to the ship if I really want one. Gone are the days when a soda card cost only $25. Bummer.

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are not very big booze drinkers, but we do like our soft drinks and juices.

Does anyone recall how stringent they are with the soda card. For example, is my name br printed on it? What if I get a soda card, get a drink and share it with my husband? will they call the booze police on us?

Thanks

Soda Card on our ship last month (Sea Princess 7-night) was just $17.50 + gratuity. With that you received a metal Coca Cola/Princess logo soda bottle and a sticker on your ID/Room Key. You could then either present the bottle for fill up or just present the card and they'd put the drink into a regular drinking glass. With two options it presented an opportunity for abuse because obviously one person could have the card and the other the bottle.

BobK/Orlando

just off: Sea Princess

next up:

Sovereign of the Seas (10/05)

Costa Mediterranea (01/06)

• 1 month later...

London Chick,

Having just returned from the Grand Princess, I would say they were quite strict! The soda card isn't a card as such... just a coke sticker stuck to your cruise card. So if you bought one for yourself, it would be stuck to your key card. We had 4 stickers (one of all our teens) and no matter where we were, be it the dining room (Personal Choice) or one of the lounges or bars, each time we placed a soft drinks order we had to show the stickers.

We chose not to have the insulated cups, but noticed afterwards we were still charged the same as if we had got them. :mad:

Laura

Laura,

Now there's an advantage to Traditional Dining. Without seeing the Coke card and without asking, Tania's Sprites were lined up at the serving table a minute or two after we arrived:)...LOL...

Catherine

Hi everyone,

My wife and I would much prefer drinking carbonated water or soda water. IS that incuded in with the soda card? I would have guessed the answer is yes, as its just another "button" on the fountain tap.

Thanks,:)

Gene

I have purchased the soda card many times and always felt I got my money's worth. Sorry to hear the price has increased so much.

I can't remember if juices are included on the soda card. On another cruise line I remember that you could use the card to get juice at any point in the day. Does anyone know?

Archived