Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

The Cantilevered Whirlpools on deck 15 forward outside of the Solarium.....

are these for adults only? are they open in the evenings?

Thanks

There is a sign stating 16 and over only even though this is just outside the solarium. Are they open in the evening is one of my favorite gripes about Royal Caribbean, they don't give a darn who likes to soak in the evening and they aren't shy about telling you to get out so they can close it. One night on Allure at 11pm we got chased out of 3 open hot tubs.

There is a sign stating 16 and over only even though this is just outside the solarium. Are they open in the evening is one of my favorite gripes about Royal Caribbean, they don't give a darn who likes to soak in the evening and they aren't shy about telling you to get out so they can close it. One night on Allure at 11pm we got chased out of 3 open hot tubs.

I saw folks using them late!!

I have an off-topic question about Oasis fares and what is actually considered a "good deal." We are cruising in a Boardwalk Balcony in early/mid December and it's by far more expensive price per day of any previous cruise we've done in ocean balcony cabins. About 1/3 higher.....While this ship seems magnificent, I am wondering if there are ways to snag better pricing more in line with price per day of other ships?

Reading this as you posted it I felt like I was back on Lady O, reliving the week again. Now I'm saddened I feel like I'm getting off our mighty ship tomorrow morning.

I feel the same way. I want to be back on. I'm looking at prices for going solo on Oct 12 2014. Why is is going solo soooo exspensive???

Nate, did you know that they had lox everyday i the Park Cafe? I had some seveal mornings!!

Really? I'll have to check that out next time. Other ships I've been on have had it in the buffet every morning

Now that your a C&A member, I hope you bought and paid your reduced deposit for a Future Cruise so you could take advantage of the shipboard credit when you booked you cruise for next year!!

I did do a future cruise credit, but RCCL's offer isn't as good as other lines.

I have an off-topic question about Oasis fares and what is actually considered a "good deal." We are cruising in a Boardwalk Balcony in early/mid December and it's by far more expensive price per day of any previous cruise we've done in ocean balcony cabins. About 1/3 higher.....While this ship seems magnificent, I am wondering if there are ways to snag better pricing more in line with price per day of other ships?

There are lots of different factors. You're going in December which is generally a more expensive time to travel. The best way to get a good deal is to keep looking. Price check on different websites, with a TA and Royal themselves. Royal also has sales every so often. Keep an eye out for those.

Cup Crazy,

Can I ask for a hint for the gnome search? Did you find it from a walkway path of were you and your crew traipsing through the plants? In an another words, was it elbow deep or way deep in the "jungle"? Honestly that will be the last question about the two of them.

I am sad to see your suitcase out and soon to be packed as it means your review will soon end.

Andrew

Cup Crazy,

Can I ask for a hint for the gnome search? Did you find it from a walkway path of were you and your crew traipsing through the plants? In an another words, was it elbow deep or way deep in the "jungle"? Honestly that will be the last question about the two of them.

I am sad to see your suitcase out and soon to be packed as it means your review will soon end.

Andrew

Honestly we would have never found him without asking several crew members. No traipsing involved. Have fun!!!!

I saw folks using them late!!

I didn't say you couldn't, I just said it was difficult. Allure/Oasis have the most hot tubs and even there an evening soak can be difficult.

We went to the starboard cantivered tub on Allure, were in it 30 seconds and a crew member kicked us out so he would close it. He didn't do anything to it other than put up a chain and sign. we went across the ship to the port side and were in that 5 minutes and he came and closed that one. We went into the solarium and finished. The next night it would be a different scenario. Sometimes on Freedom we would be forced out to the pool deck and the only open "hot" tubs were below 98 degrees, which is worthless on a pool deck at night with the ship moving. I' had a night on Navigator where the only open tubs were in the solarium and the dance party was going on till 3am.

Honestly we would have never found him without asking several crew members. No traipsing involved. Have fun!!!!

Peacemakr, many thanks. As we are out through our cruise I will keep my eyes open for them, but by no means will dig into my "normal" cruise fun. It will just be extra caricular fun;). I have an idea of the type of plant that is around it, and by no means am I afraid to ask for help. My man card gets turned in at the pier so I can order my strawberry daquaris.

It looks like you folks and an amazing time. A cruise is always fun, but having a great RC group can make it that much better. I wish our sailing had been a few weeks earlier as with the likes of your crew I know my DW and I would have make it that much more fun.

Andrew

Peacemakr, many thanks. As we are out through our cruise I will keep my eyes open for them, but by no means will dig into my "normal" cruise fun. It will just be extra caricular fun;). I have an idea of the type of plant that is around it, and by no means am I afraid to ask for help. My man card gets turned in at the pier so I can order my strawberry daquaris.

It looks like you folks and an amazing time. A cruise is always fun, but having a great RC group can make it that much better. I wish our sailing had been a few weeks earlier as with the likes of your crew I know my DW and I would have make it that much more fun.

Andrew

It was a great cruise and started with the skillet six turned into the crazy eights and may possibly morph into the nasty nine (hint hint Nate).

RoLoHa, Early to mid December is actually one of the least expensive times of the year to cruise for obvious reasons with the upcoming holidays making it more difficult for many to afford to cruise. Oasis and Allure are truly magnificent ships and nothing can really compare which is definitely why they are pricing higher than other cruise lines and also even higher than other RCCL ships. What date are you cruising? I just checked pricing on the Oasis for 12/14/2013 and there are less expensive oceanview cabins than the boardwalk balconies are currently. Might want to check that out if this is your sailing and you would prefer an oceanview balcony!

Keep dropping those hints Kenny, it might just work!!!!

Anna, I was going to email you when you sent yours. I'm working late tonight but will respond soon. We've been distracted by all the Rob Ford crack news. Who doesn't love a mayor all hoped up on crack?

I didn't say you couldn't, I just said it was difficult. Allure/Oasis have the most hot tubs and even there an evening soak can be difficult.

We went to the starboard cantivered tub on Allure, were in it 30 seconds and a crew member kicked us out so he would close it. He didn't do anything to it other than put up a chain and sign. we went across the ship to the port side and were in that 5 minutes and he came and closed that one. We went into the solarium and finished. The next night it would be a different scenario. Sometimes on Freedom we would be forced out to the pool deck and the only open "hot" tubs were below 98 degrees, which is worthless on a pool deck at night with the ship moving. I' had a night on Navigator where the only open tubs were in the solarium and the dance party was going on till 3am.

That's so weird!!

I'm not sure about the Allure but I imagine it would be similiar to the Oasis but in the Cruise Compass it states: "the following venues are open 24 hours: Selected swimming pools & hot tubs, Deck 15, Solarium Hot tubs, Pools & Area (16 years & older only), Deck 15 and 16"

Cup Crazy,

Andrew

Hint: East of the Trellis Bar