CocoCay Private Island; It's a RCI question so don't move please

teacher2cruiser

It's a beach day! I love it! Yes...everything EXCEPT private vendor purchases will go on your seapass.

There is plenty of shade with many hammocks! Loungers are everywhere....you can move them, if you want to, to a place of your choosing. Lunch is served.

You don't have to stay all day...you can come and go as you wish!

Many folks will bring their own blowup floats, so they don't have to pay to rent the "floating mats"....

• 2 weeks later...

Coco Cay is my favorite stop. It is relaxing and you can do as much or as little as you want. The snorkeling is very good. I do like the lockers too. You can lock up your valuables and they give you a wrist band that scans to open it (no more lost keys). The lunch buffet lines can get long but it is not too bad. There is live music, straw market, and many bars. The waiters walk around with Coco Locos so you don't ever have to leave your beach chair if you do not want to. The whole island is walkable and you can go to the back of the island to get away from people. The trail through the woods is fun too. I do not know if you have young children, but there is a lot for them to do too. The best part is there is no chance to miss the ship because of a late excursion. The lines for the tenders can get long at the end of the day but they move really fast.

• 2 weeks later...

this is an awesome stop. its only a beach day but we had a blast both times we have been there. last trip we were visited by a giant sea turtle while we played in the aqua park. not sure how big it was but is was pretty large and it was pretty cool. don't just stop at the first sign of chair. walk on down around the island past the aqua park. There usually will be very few people down there.