Refund for no show question

Rudyard

A few people have claimed that when they canceled someone last minute they were charged the single supplement and have been advised in the future to just be a no-show.

Ouch thanks for that info

I wonder what would happen if the cabinmate had insurance and cancelled??

Does not seem fair as Carnival already has the paid in full $$ from the person who canceled

Port fees and taxes will be refunded regardless of whether one no shows or cancels so it is best to let a person not going " no show ". I have read on CC many times that Carnival will indeed charge the solo supplement when someone cancels within full penalty period. Every time Carnival is contacted is like a throw of the dice, you never know what may happen!

I'm not doubting what you are saying, but I don't understand:confused:; if a person cancels within the full penalty period, he/she would lose out on the cost of the cruise-the cabin has already been paid for 2 passengers, so why would a solo supplement be added??? My upcoming cruise is paid for, and is in the full penalty period, since it is scheduled for the 19th-I booked solo, and paid the single supplement-last week I had a friend added to my cabin-all they had to pay was for the additional port fees and taxes.

Am I not understanding something here? Thanks in advance...

I'm not doubting what you are saying, but I don't understand:confused:; if a person cancels within the full penalty period, he/she would lose out on the cost of the cruise-the cabin has already been paid for 2 passengers, so why would a solo supplement be added??? My upcoming cruise is paid for, and is in the full penalty period, since it is scheduled for the 19th-I booked solo, and paid the single supplement-last week I had a friend added to my cabin-all they had to pay was for the additional port fees and taxes.

As for someone added after solo rate was paid is correct. You paid twice to claim the cabin, but you only paid one set of taxes. I've done this too. My new cabinmate only needed taxes. Hopefully your friend will be generous and pay your gratuities or an excursion. That was my arrangement.

As for someone cancelling in full penalty period, it is indeed a cancellation for that person, and their fare no longer applies. It's not a win for the person "left behind" and that person must pay for that second bed in the cabin.

I guess Carnival confiscates the person's fare who is cancelling as penalty and then the room is considered only half paid and that is when the solo supplement comes into play.

Thanks, RuthlessBoss, and n6uqqq.....makes sense (sort of;)). What does make sense under these circumstances would be having a "no show" vs canceling, so the person left behind is not penalized:eek:...

(I think the REAL RUTHLESSBOSS is the boss, not letting his employee takes his vacation time/cruise):D

If the boss gave him the time off, then changed his mind, the boss should pay all lost expenses. I am dead serious.

It appears people are responding to the OP which was in October, and they've sailed.

It's almost like running 2 threads into one now.

It appears people are responding to the OP which was in October, and they've sailed.

Didn't notice that so this is water under the bridge ( or keel ) for the OP but maybe the info can help Postalgrrrl who revived this thread today. Maybe OP can come back with some words of wisdom.

Edited by n6uqqq

Right now that's how you see it. Think of it this way, a new year, a new start. a first birthday free of what wasn't meant to be. Time will take care of it.

Thank you, I am trying to. And on the up side it will be a new experience to have the cabin all to myself!

Sorry I thought it might be easier to just add on to this thread instead of starting a new one about Early Saver, since there are already so many different threads about Early Saver.

You are on topic postalgrrl, its all good using the same thread. Wish all the " single digit dance " threads could be wrapped into one! ;) Or moved to the floataway lounge

Edited by n6uqqq