Taxi from Hyatt House to port - need to show ID?

bbevanston

Weird question but we're taking a taxi from the Hyatt House to the Port to get on the Oasis. Will the taxi driver know where the Oasis is located because we don't. I remember taking the Hyatt Place shuttle 2 years back and the shuttle bus stopped at security. Will the taxi stop at security also and do we need to show ID? I don't want to show any ID to anyone who isn't supposed to see it. We'll have 2 kids with us so we don't want to look like novice. We've cruised many times before but we've always taken the shuttle (it was always free back then) so now with the cost of the hotel shuttle, it is cheaper to get a taxi and faster w/o having to wait. Thoughts? Also, anyone know the cost of the taxi from Hyatt House (Dania Beach) to the Oasis port? Thanks.

The last time we took a taxi to Port Everglades, we had to show our boarding pass and passport to the security guard at the entrance to the port.

The taxi driver will know the terminal number because there are signs with a list of ships and terminals.

Everyone in the car has to show photo ID. I've never been asked to show anything else. Oasis is always at the same terminal, so the taxi driver should know where it is. If not they will ask the security person for directions. Taxi should cost less than $25.

The taxi driver will know exactly where to go. The last time we went we had to show our passports.

Canadians might be asked to show passports. Americans do not have show passports, just official photo ID. Many people going through port security are just trying to go to the convention center and will not be carrying passports. Our driver does not carry a passport, just a driver license.

I find it wild that those desiring to attend a function at the Convention Center would have to show ID. Is this true?

Does this cause a problem at the Port Security Gates?

Yes, it's true. I am always asked for ID at port security regardless of where I am going beyond the gate. You cannot drive to the convention center without going through the gate.

Archived