Which excursion ranks

cruisinmeme

we will be going to Belize ,roatan, and costa Maya . Already have Cozumel covered with dolphin thing. Would prefer to do a ship excursion but only at one of the three ports. Raised on the gulf coast with brown sand and brown water and tons of sea weed. Went to Maya key and people raved about the beach. Enjoyed the trip, but beach was not expressive. Guess for someone who never sees water it was a thrill.

The excursions we are looking at is Belize - beach break, roatan-tabyana beach party or south beach experience(both of these have meals include),

Costa Maya-beach getaway.

Everyone raves about Maya chan, and have read a little about taking a cab to mahahanel and going to tropicante. Would rather pay a fee and not be bothered with paying to drink and eat to stay there.

Roatan has the meals included, but you are paying more for that excursion. Usually just stay a few hours anyway.so the choice may be between Belize and costa Maya.

What to do?

Maya Chan for Costa Maya would be my vote. They will take car of you. This is usually the highlight of excursions.

Beach - Roatan Tabyana. You don't have to use the ship for this one. Great beach and good snorkeling. Did the ship excursion once, and went with non-ship one once. The non-ship was cheaper and I had the same beach and same snorkeling.

Belize - the ship excursion is not really a great beach. You can snorkel via the ship excursion and it is good, plus you go to that same so so beach for an hour. Did a non-ship excursion to a small island and it was unique. Not as good snorkeling as the ship one. Advantage of ship one is you only have to tender one-way, and you return to the ship at the end from the excursion.

Belize is a great snorkeling port if that's your thing (ranks in the top 5 in the world). However, it's not our thing. We love cave tubing & ziplining while in Belize. We always do independent excursions, though. I don't like feeling I'm in a herd of cattle.

I know you want to do a ship excursion, but Little French Key in Roatan was the best excursion I have done on any cruise.

http://www.littlefrenchkey.com/

Search for it here, you make a reservation and they pick you up at the port.

Do you remember the cost for adults and kids, didn't see it on the web site

Maya Chan for Costa Maya would be my vote. They will take car of you. This is usually the highlight of excursions.

Beach - Roatan Tabyana. You don't have to use the ship for this one. Great beach and good snorkeling. Did the ship excursion once, and went with non-ship one once. The non-ship was cheaper and I had the same beach and same snorkeling.

Belize - the ship excursion is not really a great beach. You can snorkel via the ship excursion and it is good, plus you go to that same so so beach for an hour. Did a non-ship excursion to a small island and it was unique. Not as good snorkeling as the ship one. Advantage of ship one is you only have to tender one-way, and you return to the ship at the end from the excursion.

Have heard nothing but good about Maya chan. Just don't plan to stay that long so not sure it is worth it.

How did you get to tabyana ?

Thanks on advice about ship excursion for Belize

Have heard nothing but good about Maya chan. Just don't plan to stay that long so not sure it is worth it.

How did you get to tabyana ?

Thanks on advice about ship excursion for Belize

It cost 32 each for a Roatan West Bay Beach Break that had transportation from the ship to the beach. You got a lounge chair for the day. You got one free drink ticket, and I think I got a Bananarama frozen drink from the bar at the location they took us to. Although, we booked from a 3rd party and not the bar location. You should be able to Google this info to find something.

They drove us there and waited around, and drove us back when we were ready.

Archived