Newbie Review Jewel 10/13/13 NOLA

kchiumento

I LOVE the dolphin pics! We are doing that in Cozumel!! I'm going to show my kids your pics, they are so excited!!

We bought the CD with ALL the dolphin pics. They were expensive, but this was a once in a lifetime thing and I wanted to have the pics as proof ;) While it might not be in everyone's budget, I do recommend the pics. I would have paid another $150 just to see the smile on my little guys face.

We bought the CD with ALL the dolphin pics. They were expensive, but this was a once in a lifetime thing and I wanted to have the pics as proof ;) While it might not be in everyone's budget, I do recommend the pics. I would have paid another $150 just to see the smile on my little guys face.

You are right, his smile is priceless!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics and the SA dailies this large! Loving it!!

So the Bridge is on deck 11. There is a bridge viewing station on the port side of deck 11, but they sometimes close the blinds if they are coming into and out of port. Since we had a "special event" aboard ship, we were invited to tour the bridge. We were sent our invitation Friday night and our bridge tour was Saturday at 2:00pm since this was our last Sea day.

They let us walk around the bridge and answered all of our questions from the most basic to the most complex navigational question from my former Navy husband. We took may pictures and walked all over the bridge. They even let everyone in the family wear an officers cover and stand by the helm. Captain Lars was not on the bridge but the senior navigational officer was the senior officer on bridge. He said there are always at least 2 officers on the bridge at all times and when they are coming into and out of port they have all the stations manned with 6-8 senior officers.

So we saw a few shows. We saw Band on the Run - it was actually pretty good. All the singers had fantastic voices and showed off an incredible range. The production was really top notch.

We saw the comedian - funny. He had a pretty clean act too. We took our 12 yr old and I don't think I cringed in embarrassment once. Plus he even got the jokes.

We saw the magician too. He was entertaining, but that is one I could have skipped. This magician was our son's favorite. Maybe you have to be a pre-teen boy to really appreciate his humor. Husband said he liked him too. So maybe it was just me :rolleyes:

So to those of you that are bringing kids and are worried about the kids club. There are plenty of other things for them to do on the ship other than the Kids Club. They took part in a dodge ball game, several soccer shoot-outs, shuffle board (i know it sounds lame, but they really had fun) chess. Just hanging out at the pool was a good time too. They weren't bored, ever. I honestly felt like there was too much to do. We had to decide which event we wanted to go to, because somethings over-lapped---- OH THE HUMANITY!!!!! You mean we have to chose between the Towel Animal class and the Seinfeld Trivia?!?!?! :eek:

Here is a picture of my 3 monsters actually getting along while playing chess. Shhhhh don't tell them that I was able to take this picture. They think I don't know they can actually get along ;)

IMG_1265_zps936bc1e8.jpg"]IMG_1265_zps936bc1e8.jpg[/url]

Our Lunch at Cagneys right after embarkation. We were just so happy to be on the ship after Wheelchair-gate.

lunchatcagneys_zps51eecee0.jpg"]lunchatcagneys_zps51eecee0.jpg[/url]

Getting back on the ship at Costa Maya

GettingbackoninCostaMaya_zpsc5d679ca.jpg"]GettingbackoninCostaMaya_zpsc5d679ca.jpg[/url]

Master Bathroom of the 2 Bedroom Family Suite. NCL called it the Amber Suite- It was room 11530 and it was AWESOOOOOME!

MBA11530_zps7e403bdf.jpg"]MBA11530_zps7e403bdf.jpg[/url]

I am loving the review and the pictures!!! I noticed that you brought drinks on. Does a case of water/drinks count as one of your two pieces of luggage? Or is the two piece limit just checked luggage?

Don't believe there is a limit of luggage for the cruise ship, I know friends that have had 2 bags each and water. Now the airline bag limit (if you're flying) is a different matter.

I am loving the review and the pictures!!! I noticed that you brought drinks on. Does a case of water/drinks count as one of your two pieces of luggage? Or is the two piece limit just checked luggage?

We had to carry on the case of vitamin water. In NOLA the porters wouldn't take the drinks for us. We put a luggage tag on them, but they still wouldn't take them. I have heard that in other ports the porters will take the drinks with your checked bags, but not in NOLA.

As far as counting as our 2 pieces of luggage, they didn't count how many bags we had. There were 7 of us and we checked 16 pieces of luggage. In our defense 3 of those were supposed to be carry-ons that somehow managed to get a luggage tag and loaded on the dolly in our haste. I don't believe it is as strict as the airlines. So if you need to pack 3 or 4 bags for yourself don't worry about it. Now, if you are flying, that is a completely different story. We drove to New Orleans, so we didn't have any restrictions on luggage, just what could fit in the Suburban.

You might want to check the fine print on your cruise docs. No "cases" of drinks allowed. NCL does not allow any drinks carried on board including cases of pop/water

You might want to check the fine print on your cruise docs. No "cases" of drinks allowed. NCL does not allow any drinks carried on board including cases of pop/water

I have no idea where you got this information, but it couldn't be further from the truth. People bring cases of soda and bottled water aboard the ships all the time. In many ports you can even slap a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered right to your stateroom.

:)

You are completely wrong. I saw on the website that you can bring sodas or water on board. Plus many, MANY people have done this.