qships Townsville

thied

I see QSHIPS and pOrt Of Townsville are not showing and bookings for the Pacific Dawn mmmm wonder why?

I think I read somewhere where Townsville was cancelled from your PNG cruise and replaced with a visit to Rabaul. I checked on the P&O site and they were still showing Townsville, but your ship is not on the schedule for Townsville cruise ship visits.

Wonder whats going on?

Hope the Captain knows where he is going..:D:D

I think I read somewhere where Townsville was cancelled from your PNG cruise and replaced with a visit to Rabaul. I checked on the P&O site and they were still showing Townsville, but your ship is not on the schedule for Townsville cruise ship visits.

Wonder whats going on?

Hope the Captain knows where he is going..:D:D

I do know that the PNG cruise after ours misses Townsville but we have not been told that we are missing Townsville yet

I have it in my docs for the cruise this coming Thursday that we are tendering into Townsville.

Barry

just checking emails, having got anything as yet, but why tendering and nothing is booked for Townsville at all.

Was just talking to the port of Townsville shipping tower, and was told the pacific Dawn willl at anchor and want be docking at the new terminal because the ship is to big by 7 meters.

But this may change after some meetings lol

There you go 85 mil spent on new cruise ship

Was just talking to the port of Townsville shipping tower, and was told the pacific Dawn willl at anchor and want be docking at the new terminal because the ship is to big by 7 meters.

But this may change after some meetings lol

There you go 85 mil spent on new cruise ship

You must be joking...

please you are joking ...aren't you?

Townsville built a new terminal and Pacific Dawn is too big to use it ?:eek::eek:

You must be joking...

Townsville built a new terminal and Pacific Dawn is too big to use it ?:eek::eek:

The Pacific Dawn is only a pup compared to the newer ships!

They wouldn't be that stupid to build a terminal that can only take smaller ships. The Volendam was in there the other day.

Latest from Townsville Shipping Schedule

PLAN ARRIVAL PACIFIC DAWN

2/11/2013 08:00:00 2/11/2013 09:00:00 Townsville CS^ Brisbane Alotau Inchcape Shipping Services (Townsville) (ISS)

PLAN DEPARTURE PACIFIC DAWN

2/11/2013 17:00:00 2/11/2013 18:00:00 SEA Brisbane Alotau Inchcape Shipping Services (Townsville) (ISS)

The Pacific Dawn is only a pup compared to the newer ships!

They wouldn't be that stupid to build a terminal that can only take smaller ships. The Volendam was in there the other day.

Volendam is 60000 tons about 10000 ton lighter

http://www.townsville-port.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/2862/POT_Cruise_Ship_Terminal_Brochure_v2.pdf

This document says up to 270 metres (PD is 251 metres) and up to 300 metres by exception. HOWEVER - it also mentions gross tonnage of only 50,000 tonnes.

Something doesn't add up!!!

Barry

yes thats what i thought about the tonnage was strange

You must be joking...

no joke that is what I was told today from the port shipping tower

I thought it was designed to handle some of the really big American Naval ships that could now come over for visits and exercises with the Australian Forces.

I wonder if they are worried about PD's limited maneuverability with a single propeller?

Pacific Dawn is going to anchor out side townville, because of her design two props and one rudderand because of this she can not maneuver all that well into the entrance of the harbour and it is the captains chorce They like the ships to at least 10 knots to be able to naneuve fast enough.

(Two electric motors of 12MW each, two propellers 6 blades, Ø 5.8 m (19 ft 0 in)

thats the story i have been given from Townsville.

unless they can work away of changing it we anchor

Archived