Best time to return budget rental car to port canaveral

irishgal432

The car rental shuttles are doing an almost constant loop from port to rental location -- drop your car about 9:30, grab your receipt and load up on the next bus; you shoudl be at the port about 10:00 or so. Good luck! :)

We were with a group and we had 3 rental cars to return. We got there about 9. It was such a zoo with people getting off the ship and renting cars, and people returning cars and going to the ship. They said the wait for the shuttle might be about one half to one hour. We ended up just calling a cab and heading to the port. It was really reasonable, especially shared between 3 people. Plus, we didn't have to wait with all the other people.

Claudia

Return your car around 10am and you will miss the rush of the people getting off the ship and renting cars. Most people are renting cars early around 8-9:30am.

Both times we have took a taxi for $15 to go straight to the port. We did not want to wait to get on their shuttle. They told us they would not start taking people over until 11am and you are not guaranteed to get on the first shuttle since their is no organization in getting on the shuttle. We felt the $15 was well worth it for our family of four.

Return your car around 10am and you will miss the rush of the people getting off the ship and renting cars. Most people are renting cars early around 8-9:30am.

Both times we have took a taxi for $15 to go straight to the port. We did not want to wait to get on their shuttle. They told us they would not start taking people over until 11am and you are not guaranteed to get on the first shuttle since their is no organization in getting on the shuttle. We felt the $15 was well worth it for our family of four.

Are there taxis waiting there? Or do you have to call for a cab? If so, what cab company do you use? Any recommendations?

We used the same co both times and I apologize that I don't recall the name. The first time there was a taxi waiting in the budget lot and the second time I called from the car rental place and they arrived pretty quickly.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Archived