Snorkle Gear for Kids

Kelsey D

• 2 weeks later...

Speedo on-line has snorkel sets in youth and adult sizes for around $40 includes travel bag, mask, fins and snorkel. If you know you are going to purchase them from speedo sign up on-line for an e-mail good for 10% off your entire order. Snorkel vests I purchased from a dive shop near us and were $50 a person.

We have the Speedo kids sets too and they work well for our boys. I'm actually surprised at how well the bag has lasted.

We just get the ship life vests, since there is only so much I'm willing to pack in a suitcase when flying :rolleyes:

How shallow? In the Caribbean, all you might need will be goggles! The water is soooooo clear! If they can stand, they can stick their face in the water and see just fine.

Good to know. Any snorkeling will be done right off the beach since none of my kids are strong swimmers.

Thanks for the recommendations given.

How shallow? In the Caribbean, all you might need will be goggles! The water is soooooo clear! If they can stand, they can stick their face in the water and see just fine.

I totally agree. My little one (now 5 years old) has been snorkeling since she was 3 and has always worn goggles. She has just learned over the last few years to hold her breath longer and longer and also dive down when she wants to see something in the water up close. She does great snorkeling with just goggles. We got her speedos for about $15

IMG_0124-M.jpg

P5120153-S.jpg

Our DD is 6 and just recently learned to snorkel. We got her the US Divers snorkel set. It came with fins, snorkel, mask and a bag. We taught her in the pool and she did great. The snorkel has a purge valve at the bottom which helps with getting rid of water that gets in it. It also has a valve at the top which helps prevents water from getting in if it goes under. We bought the set at BJs for around $30-$35. We are going to take her for the first time in 2 weeks and it will be right off the beach. We are taking her life vest which is bulky but the ocean is a little different than the pool. She used the life vest in the pool and loved it. DH and I have the same set in adult sizes. US Divers also sells a less expensive snorkel. They have no valves on them. Our grocery store sells them for $4.99. I try to grab a few each year so family members that don't have them can use them with our masks since they don't snorkel as often. They have worked great for us. Good luck and have fun!

Does anyone know what the approximate cost is to rent snorkel gear off the beach? Do they usually have it in youth sizes too? We aren't sure if we want to purchase and haul snorkel gear for the kids...we are flying.

btw...swimoutlet.com has GREAT pricing on snorkel gear.