Shore Excursions

Fummer

I am cruising on Jan. 11, 2014 on the Grandeur of the Seas to the following ports: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth,Jamaica, and Labadee.

Can anyone give me any advice on what shore excursions they would recommend in the first 3 ports? Also, did you book your excursions with Royal Caribbean or with a private tour company? If the latter, would you please give me the names and your impression of the tour and their service?

Many thanks for your help and assistance.

Reeve

Cozumal - don't do Tulum. Although it is a rich and historic place to visit you will spend most of your tour on a bus getting there and back. If you must see it then do it through the ship as there are a lot of things that could go wrong and get you back late. Ships wait for their tours but not private ones

Falmouth - not my favourite port unless you are interested in buying the "best gangie" on the island in which case everyone from 6 to 60 will have some for sale. Dunns River Falls is nice but certainly not for the mobility challenged. You need to be in at least moderate physical condition to make the climb up. Bring your own water shoes if you decide to go. You can buy them at home cheaper than they will rent them to you and you must have them to climb the falls

I am cruising on Jan. 11, 2014 on the Grandeur of the Seas to the following ports: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth,Jamaica, and Labadee.

Can anyone give me any advice on what shore excursions they would recommend in the first 3 ports? Also, did you book your excursions with Royal Caribbean or with a private tour company? If the latter, would you please give me the names and your impression of the tour and their service?

Reeve

You might get a better response from the RCI board and check with your roll call too.

Labadee is RCI's private beach...it is simply a beach day. While they do have some watersport activities, you really don't NEED to pay anything to have a great beach day! A BBQ lunch will be served on the beach, and there are several beach areas to choose from. Plenty of sun or shade, depending on what you want!

A guidebook will really help you....libraries have them. That way, you can fiqure out what interests you, and then decide how you want to do it! Lots of things require NO excursion at all....we almost never book any excursions....just do our research and head out on our own!

If you decide on an excursion, then check the "Port of Call" boards, and see how others have done what interests you!

Labadee is RCI's private beach...it is simply a beach day. While they do have some watersport activities, you really don't NEED to pay anything to have a great beach day! A BBQ lunch will be served on the beach, and there are several beach areas to choose from. Plenty of sun or shade, depending on what you want!

A guidebook will really help you....libraries have them. That way, you can fiqure out what interests you, and then decide how you want to do it! Lots of things require NO excursion at all....we almost never book any excursions....just do our research and head out on our own!

If you decide on an excursion, then check the "Port of Call" boards, and see how others have done what interests you!

I want to thank everyone for all their advice and help. It is a great start.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Reeve

Reeve

Go to the Cozumel Port of Call board and read up on the Private Driver excursions. Great way to do Coz, especially the wild side.

Archived