I wish I would have brought....

- Lanyards to wear your seapass around your neck onboard and a watertight dive box to wear your seapass, cash, etc. around your neck while snorkeling.

- Underwater disposable cameras for fun pics on Labadee, etc.

- A travel mug for morning coffee on deck (all you can get are small cups without lids)

You can usually buy these things on board, but it costs a lot less to bring from home.

Definitely a travel mug - keeps from going back so much for coffee. Also, the lid is great for not spilling while walking around. Also a night light - in any cabin - it's dark out on the ocean at night. I usually bring one of the ones with the air freshener and leave it in the cabin.

I will definitely bring a lanyard to put my card on next time. I'm also thinking that a travel mug for coffee will be a great idea (as well as those little French vanilla coffee creamers).

A cellphone with an alarm feature on it works well as a travel alarm! :)

On my first cruise many years ago the thing that I realized I need to always bring was bottled water. Especially in countries such as the obvious Mexico where the water supply is subjct to concern, it is hot and you will need water on your excursions. Oh sure the cruise ship sells water, and it is so easy to just put on your sign sail account. The cruise line is proud of their water and it will cost you. I usually buy a at least case of water and just put it in one of the other carry on's.

Sha88: To each his own taste, but *I* find the ship's regular, tap water JUST DELICIOUS and more than drinkable. Bring ONE water bottle to refill at will on the ship to take on shore with you.

Carol

We are going on our first cruise in Sept of next year. This was such

a great topic to read over. In my eyes, never can start to early. I

am a very very forgetful person. So I will definately need to start

making a list.

Thanks for all the great tips.

event.png

a small lunch-size cooler bag. great for stuffing some snacks/water/etc. into with some ice in your backback for shore excursions. and baggies...all sizes. great for ice in the sm. cooler bag...and also good for storing snacks. wrinkle spray. and a foldable extra suitcase that fits neatly inside your baggage. you'll need it for all the extra stuff you purchase on the cruise! I use mine for dirty laudry and pack our "treasures" in the suitcases upon return. BUG SPRAY! (or towelettes)...for excursions...especially in Southern Caribbean. Have fun!

Cass

I always (no matter where I travel- hotel, cruise, whatever) carry a small flashlight with me. I keep it next to the bed at night so if there is some kind of emergency I can see my way around to find the doors, whatever (and we're usually in outside or balcony cabins- but they still get dark and you're in unfamiliar ground). I also put it in my purse if we go out in a port in the evening as it lets me check out what's up ahead- steps or whatever. Especially in some of the less developed areas you can find uneven sidewalks, etc...guess I've had enough ankle breaks/sprains that I try and avoid them at all costs!

A few years ago I was at a company meeting and the hotel we were staying at lost it's power due to a windstorm. I was the only one prepared with a flashlight so that we could at least try and conduct business....I've been called the "girl scout of the sales group" ever since. Guess I could have worse nicknames!

Bottom line- I never travel without a flashlight! (even if it's small.....it's something in case of emergency).

These ideas are terrific!

Wondering about Soccermom suggesting the lanyard for the seapass? Do they not issue or sell these lanyards to wear around your neck onboard...or should we bring our own from home?

Thanks to everyone and YES, I will bring my flashlight!!:)

I would bring motion sickness medicine. And water shoes.

It's nice to have something (lanyard, or little pocket type thing) to hang around your neck for your Seapass card.

Take extra bags (ziplock and plastic grocery bags). They have all sorts of uses, especially when packing to come home.

I would have brought more underwater cameras....brought 2 and bought 2 more on the ship. You tend to click a lot of pictures when you get that camera in the water.

Aloe Vera gel. Had to use that one night, they have it at the General Store on the ship. The sun at Labadee was strong! :o

Good hats for the kids, the kind that tie under the chin so the wind doesn't blow them off. Those soft, safari-looking ones with the wide brims would be perfect. We eventually did find them in Cozumel for $10 each, not a bad price. But at the end of the trip, though. Oh well, they'll use them at the pool....

I did bring the water shoes, although I didn't think they were necessary when wondering what to pack.... Was I wrong! We wore them for every excursion and never had to think about shoes off, shoes on....they just kept them on all the time. Even for snorkeling, if they didn't want to use the fins.

If anyone has a Wal-Greens nearby, they have a great travel section with small sizes of almost anything you can think of.

Carol,

We must be spoiled by the pure Philly water !

I know people that won't even boil their spaghetti in tap water.

Sha88: To each his own taste, but *I* find the ship's regular, tap water JUST DELICIOUS and more than drinkable. Bring ONE water bottle to refill at will on the ship to take on shore with you.

Carol

Archived