Good news for single cruisers.

Tampa cruiser1963

Carnival has a sale right now for single cruisers. You can book a cruise at the double occupancy rate and not have to pay for the phantom person that is not going with you. This is on selected ships and selected sailing. You can read the list here; https://www.goccl.com/ It is on the lower right of the page under featured specials.

Carnival has a sale right now for single cruisers. You can book a cruise at the double occupancy rate and not have to pay for the phantom person that is not going with you. This is on selected ships and selected sailing. You can read the list here; https://www.goccl.com/ It is on the lower right of the page under featured specials.

This list has been out there for about a month or so. Let's hope Carnival continues to add sail dates/ships to the list. Carnival is having trouble selling cabins right now, so I wouldn't expect this to continue once bookings pick up.

I took advantage of this special on the 10/21 sailing on the Legend...had a beautiful French door room all to myself. After 26 sailings with Carnival, this was my first solo cruise and I loved it. Thank you, Carnival.

Hopefully, Carnival will occasionally offer this single occupancy rate on upcoming cruises in 2014....I will definitely take advantage of it.

I took advantage of this special on the 10/21 sailing on the Legend...had a beautiful French door room all to myself. After 26 sailings with Carnival, this was my first solo cruise and I loved it. Thank you, Carnival.

Hopefully, Carnival will occasionally offer this single occupancy rate on upcoming cruises in 2014....I will definitely take advantage of it.

I'm still solo in Dec., despite not having a special rate on this cruise, I struggle about giving up half the cabin just to split the fare and "my space".

ok, I know I get confused easy lol.. but your still paying for 2 people, your just not paying the taxes/port fees for the 2nd non person. been like that for a long time since they did away with the single rate. so unless there is a special for specific sailings/ships. I still see what I've always seen when you look at the rates for 1 person in a cabin or 2 persons.

ok, just clicked on the travel agent page. so yep, specific sailings and thru the ta.

Edited by jks336

ok, just clicked on the travel agent page. so yep, specific sailings and thru the ta.

correct, it is specific sailings, and is a true no-supplement cruise. BUT it does NOT need to be booked through the TA, you can see it right on carnival.com if it is still offered for those sailings.

That sale was offered in mid September, and most of the cruises have already passed. It was for only a few select ships, presumably as they had alot of vacancy.....we did look into this sale and none were ships or itineraries we would want to go on....so took a pass. Wish CCL would do this ALL the time!!!

ok, I know I get confused easy lol.. but your still paying for 2 people, your just not paying the taxes/port fees for the 2nd non person. been like that for a long time since they did away with the single rate. so unless there is a special for specific sailings/ships. I still see what I've always seen when you look at the rates for 1 person in a cabin or 2 persons.

Doesn't need to be booked through a TA, I booked on my own on Carnival website.

I appreciate Carnival's effort but I haven't booked an OV since the Holiday, so this offer is basically useless for me. When cruising solo I WOULD appreciate double points since I pay for the entire cabin.

For $139 I hopped on an inside cabin, then was able to upgrade to a 4j cabin for $30 more, I could not pass that up, double points would be nice also.

Edited by MIZZ_K